21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Cases of Dreamblade from $30-$50 shipped!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Doe
msg tools
mbmb
ebay sellers now have CASESwow of dreamblade figues prices from $30(shipped!) for baxar's war up to $50 (shipped!) for all of the three other sets. This is just an insane deal!

here is the $30 one :http://cgi.ebay.com/SEALED-CASE-OF-DREAMBLADE-BAXARS-WAR-BOOSTERS-12-CT_W0QQitemZ330175407206QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2537QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

another one :http://cgi.ebay.com/Dreamblade-Base-Set-BS1-Starter-Case-Sealed_W0QQitemZ110179437444QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2537QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--QD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Question: What constitutes a "case"? I'm not too familiar with Dreamblade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i recall it was 12 boosters in a case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Murphy
United States
Biloxi
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd pay $50 for a selection of boosters from each expansion and a couple of starters. I don't really want an entire case of each. Anyone interested in splitting these a few ways?

The extra shipping might be prohibiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmmurphy wrote:
I'd pay $50 for a selection of boosters from each expansion and a couple of starters. I don't really want an entire case of each. Anyone interested in splitting these a few ways?

Maybe you could buy them all from one seller and ask him to split them up for you? Then the shipping would be the same as if you each just bought a case...

(And no, I'm not interested)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I need a starter to play or can I just buy that case of boosters?

Also the OP might want to clarify that the $30 shipped is for a case (12) of boosters. 7 figures per booster. 35.71 cents per figure shipped.

The $50 shipped is for a case (6) of starters. 16 figures per starter. 52.08 cents per figure shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmmurphy wrote:

Someone is offering exactly what you wanted, for $50:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter M
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many total figures are there from the starter set (i.e. how many duplicates am I gonna get from a case of starters?) Is it worth the extra $20 to have the assortment from different waves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Murphy
United States
Biloxi
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Someone is offering exactly what you wanted, for $50:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam......

I actually went through all the Dreamblade listings and somehow overlooked this one. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterm wrote:
How many total figures are there from the starter set (i.e. how many duplicates am I gonna get from a case of starters?) Is it worth the extra $20 to have the assortment from different waves?

If you are only ordering one case, you want a starter case. There are 96 unique figures in the starter set.

There are only 60 unique figures in the expansion sets. Therefore you have a better chance of getting lots of dupes in the expansion sets.

I bought a case of starter boosters for $30 from the same guy posted in the first post. There are only a few left (if any by now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter M
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Looks like one more set of starter boosters available here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ramstad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seller has some interesting listings

In particular he indicates that shipping for multiple items is only $2 for each additional item... so for people who are buying multiple cases he might be cheaper than some of the other listings I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Take some time and think, the price will be dropping soon with the lack of interest and the immenent collapse of WotC support for Dreamblade.

You should be able to get these pretty cheap (Hecatomb comparable) in a couple months or a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
35.71 cents per figure shipped is good enough for me, even with the possibility that the price will drop more. As I see it thats cheaper than a Little Homie from the vending machines outside the supermarket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the super cheap ones are almost gone. The base set boosters are sold out from the $30 guy, but he still has a few Baxar's War cases left:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilgore Trout
England
Forest Hill
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaahhh....

You can just tell that this game has bought the farm - I'll be sticking my 3 warcharms on the Bay soon. Takers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
United States
Greenbelt
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can anyone comment on what would be a good mix for casual play?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lou-Dawg wrote:
Do I need a starter to play or can I just buy that case of boosters?

Also the OP might want to clarify that the $30 shipped is for a case (12) of boosters. 7 figures per booster. 35.71 cents per figure shipped.

The $50 shipped is for a case (6) of starters. 16 figures per starter. 52.08 cents per figure shipped.

If you can find someone who sells the dice and a board (which both can be found for quite cheap) than yep you can just use boosters. The rules are available online. The only things in the Starter kits are the paper board and the special dreamblade dice.

~telengard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://ww2.wizards.com/Dreamblade/articles.aspx?doc=20060512...

Found that link today. Looks like I don't need a map because wizards has one available for print. They also suggest to use normal dice where 1-3 are that number, 4 and 5 are miss, and 6 is the Dreamblade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter M
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find Louis. Hopefully someone will have an extra map lying around that I'll be able to pick up (I like the colors, for one thing.) If not, this is a great substitute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm no expert but this basically just means Rares should be cheaper, right?

Singles from sites like http://www.strikezoneonline.com have been around:

$0.25 for commons
$1.00 for uncommons
$3.00 - 20.00 for rares

With the price reductions: $30 or so for a case, 1 rare per pack, 12 packs/case, so say 12 rares for $24 and $6 for all the other 70-ish figs combined.

So rares maybe $1-$3 each now, uncommons maybe 50 cents, commons maybe a dime.

Without competitive play, the value of tourney staples like Warcharms and such will drop, but rares will still hold value, just not prize-induced value (which is much higher of course for those staples). This surmise is based on how valuations carry forward through time with dead CCG's.

(again, I'm not an expert on Dreamblade by any means. I buy the minis 'cause they're cool and make for interesting conversions to Heroscape)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.