Thumb up
 Hide
47 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: Best games with gems and/or fairies for 6 year old rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thank you so much everyone! I can't wait to look through all the suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. "I pity the fool" T
United States
Jefferson County (close enough)
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not much of a game but Pretty Pretty Princess has jewelry, including a tiara!, that you get to dress up in as you play. My girls loved it when they were little. My husband? Not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably too advanced/dry for this age, but there are fairy meeples: Mystical Seeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anitra Smith
United States
Auburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also highly recommend Century: Golem Edition. The gems are really pretty, the engine-building is very intuitive, and if you look carefully, all the golems are helping people!

Once she's a solid reader, she'd probably love Sparkle*Kitty, too. It's a simple word/pattern matching game, but the idea is that princesses have been locked in a tower and are creating spells to free themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Mannheim
Deutschland
flag msg tools
You could try My little Scythe, one of the objects is to collect gems. It's on the more complex side (the box says kids with 8), but it has a automoma/solo mode which you could use as coop. Bonus: If she likes it, it's a gateway to heavier games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr P
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Already some good suggestions here. Really like the theme of Century Golem Edition.
Now one that’s not mentioned yet to my suprise...
Diamant (or Incan Gold) seem also to fit the OP request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Tales of the Crystals has both gems and fairies, as well as magic dust and unicorns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Crossing has gems, is simple fun and would be OK for her age
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough (will trade by mail)
TN
flag msg tools
badge
Orgullovikingo20 wrote:
Already some good suggestions here. Really like the theme of Century Golem Edition.
Now one that’s not mentioned yet to my suprise...
Diamant (or Incan Gold) seem also to fit the OP request.
It fits so well that it was mentioned in the header

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
United States
Flat Rock
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diamant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
TN
flag msg tools
badge
jeffinberlin wrote:
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
United States
Flat Rock
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, when there are already 2 pages to the post, the header doesn't show up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
TN
flag msg tools
badge
jeffinberlin wrote:
Ah, when there are already 2 pages to the post, the header doesn't show up!
It was extra funny to me because the post right before yours was me pointing out to another person who suggested Incan Gold / Diamant that the OP listed that game specifically in the header... and then you suggested Diamant
Gave me a good laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your 6 year old might be already past this age wise, but have a look at Dragon's Breath. Lots of gems in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Coles
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bewulf wrote:
Your 6 year old might be already past this age wise, but have a look at Dragon's Breath. Lots of gems in this one.

My 6 year old still likes this one quite a bit. It's very simple, but the components are very fun to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you everyone for the suggestions! Yes I've looked at Dragon's Breath. I ended up choosing a different Haba game, but now I wish I'd chosen that one. It looked super boring to me but I think my kids would love it. I have so many new games on my list thank you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I recently came across another couple of games that I wanted to add to this thread (for people who come across it looking across similar games).

Woodlands
Fairy Tile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Dickman
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Octopusmountain wrote:
I recently came across another couple of games that I wanted to add to this thread (for people who come across it looking across similar games).

Woodlands
Fairy Tile

They're not gemstones, but it sounds like your daughter might really like Creatures and Cupcakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SaintGiles wrote:
Octopusmountain wrote:

Woodlands
Fairy Tile

They're not gemstones, but it sounds like your daughter might really like Creatures and Cupcakes.

Yes this is exactly the type of thing she'd love!! Thanks so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ Zee
msg tools
Fullpa wrote:
My little scythe is hiny and cute and has diamonds and apple!

My 6yo and 8yo loves it and i like it enough to play it too

Incredibul wrote:
You could try My little Scythe, one of the objects is to collect gems. It's on the more complex side (the box says kids with 8), but it has a automoma/solo mode which you could use as coop. Bonus: If she likes it, it's a gateway to heavier games

+1

I think you already picked your game but for some time in the future when you are in the market for another game I’d like to add another vote for My Little Scythe

It has satisfying gems and also acrylic apples and great animal minis. You have pie fights and try to build friendship. And there is a castle in the middle of the map.

It’s a good game for us but my kids also like to play with the components just on their own and create little stories and interactions and play them out on the map.

I think there is an expansion in the works set for release in the next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beezee wrote:
Fullpa wrote:
My little scythe is hiny and cute and has diamonds and apple!

My 6yo and 8yo loves it and i like it enough to play it too

Incredibul wrote:

+1

I think you already picked your game but for some time in the future when you are in the market for another game I’d like to add another vote for My Little Scythe

It has satisfying gems and also acrylic apples and great animal minis. You have pie fights and try to build friendship. And there is a castle in the middle of the map.

It’s a good game for us but my kids also like to play with the components just on their own and create little stories and interactions and play them out on the map.

I think there is an expansion in the works set for release in the next year.

I'm always looking for games!! My Little Scythe is on my list, but I was going to wait until she is a bit older. I should watch a play through video and see how it is though. I really don't like Scythe, but the kids version looks pretty cute and fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Italy
Венеция
Венето
flag msg tools
Hello! My daughter also loves fairies, she especially likes Disney cartoons about these characters. She plays in the Magical Flower Garden and Disney Fairies Game with great passion. You can buy both games on Amazon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |