France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there !

Edit :

A new league is out, AFI :

- High Elves : Who tends to really dislike losing. Which mean they'll try to use every opportunity by "diplomacy" when they can.

- Halflings : Who like eating so much that they don't really stop even when they are actually playing Blood Bowl.

- Elven Union : Veteran players who can evolve during play to adapt to their opponents.

_________

A new whole league for you to crush your enemies. Here's the TCD (Tomb Crusher Division). It does contains the following teams, for your pleasure :
- The Khemris, with its immortal leader which players should serve.
- The Necromantics, which use their dark powers influenced by the two moons.
- The Underworld Creepers, which tends to play a game while collecting Warpstone all around.

If the others mechanics are mostly explained on the card, the Underworld Creepers are a bit tricky.
On each matchup, they produce a number of warpstone written at the bottom of the card, being downed or not.
You activate their abilities, if, in the matchup, they produce enough warpstone.
When downed, the grey warpstone indicates how many warpstones are needed to use the downed abilities listed right after.

A new whole league for you to beta-test has been released : WOA (World Outsiders Association) does contain the following teams :

- The Norses are all about savagery. They're mostly straightforward, but as a good chunk of them is still human, they can still play with the ball. You know, as long as there's blood and beer...
Great team with not a lot of new mechanics so very accessible to new players.
- The Ogres are, strangely, a bit tricky to play. As you have thoses big players that are not that smart... and thoses... well... snotlings...
- The Tzeentch Renegades (Chaos Renegades) are an interesting teams composed of players that DO NOT play well together (or that are mostly unreliable), but also, interestingly, are Tzeentch followers.
Tzeentch influence means you, as a manager, will also probably end up with one more arm at the end of the match. This is a team that requires a bit of management. And that is interestingly designed around two themes (renegades, and tzeentch).

Mutations are drawed randomly from the mutation deck.
They are applied on the player card; skills are played when the mutation is applied.
At the end of each round, discard all mutations.
When your deck is depleted, shuffle the mutation discarded cards into a new mutations deck.

Here's some info about the old teams that are still available as a part of this big fan project:

- Amazons are mostly average but they have very flexible players. You'll find the team close to the FJC's one. Even if a bit different.
- Lizardmen are agiles. They can get the ball, and the biggers ones can actually keep it. The smallers ones, well. Let's say they did their job already.
- Slaanesh. This is a control team. You can seduce, your players like being put down. Well you'll find some strategy in it.
- Bretonnians are honorables. Well mostly. You don't wound if you don't need to. You have some of the very best players, but also some peasants as well. This is a very interesting team because you will have to deal with your bad players and you'll be able to use them as way to fill the anger of your best players.
- Khorne. Khorne is...BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
- Kislev Circus (previously known as Slaans for some reason). Well, they are agile players, but coming from a rude country, they'll be able to use their agility to hit.

Here's the link where you can get all those incredible stuff as we continues working on the remaining leagues :

CLICK HERE.

Select your league (ALL or CABAL) then your language ("EN"glish,"FR"ench, "SP"anish).

Thoses teams ARE STILL in testing, which means they are NOT balanced yet. Even if we did playtest them a bit. There are still some stuff that can be balanced/worded/etc better. So we're awaiting for your feedback.

Some info you already know if you follow a bit :

Ancient Legendary League (ALL) with Amazons, Lizardmens and a Slaanesh team.
Cabal Vision Team (CABAL), which does include all teams made for both Cyanide's videogame adaptation of Blood Bowl. So Bretonnians, Kislev Circus, and Khorne.

Now, let's explain some choices :

- We also discussed the add of Cyanide's Teams and Slaanesh one.
They don't exist on the official tabletop version.
I mostly decided to add them anyway as they are a part of the story of the game. We added them together so that if you disagee, you can still remove them easily.

Slaanesh team is another matter. We couldn't add a league of 4 teams, and it won't be as easily removed (sorry for this). Based on the FUMBBL Secret's League, an online league that includes some fan teams. Tzeentch, Nurgle and now Khorne being well represented, it was a nice (and logical) addition to the whole roster.

- On the wording, we did differ a bit from the source, as it was becoming a bit difficult to use only the tabletop terms when designing a new ability.

- We have a huge fan of the Blood Bowl lore in the team who is designing the Star Players. So tabletop veterans should be able to see familiar faces from very old editions.

• [+] Dice rolls
NORAZLI SHAZRIL
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Legendary Edition (part 2) : The new WOA league, ALL, CABAL, Beta-Test : 9 teams inside. (ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH)
Now all 4 chaos gods have their own team. The cycle is complete. Let the chaos tournament begin! 😈

Btw, thanks guys for your effort 👍
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
I have a sword and I'm not afraid to use it
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Legendary Edition (part 2) : The new WOA league, ALL, CABAL, Beta-Test : 9 teams inside. (ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH)
Renegades proof reading comments:

Tzeentch Cultist - It isn't clear how this player gets a mutation to give away. I think this player should just give away a mutation from the top of the deck to another player but it isn't clear.

Loner skill - I think this wording is a little wrong "When this player is the only player present at a matchup". This would mean the only player for either team. I think the goal was to be the only player for your side. I would try "While there are no other friendly players at this matchup"

Renegade Gobelin - Goblin spelled wrong?

Duke Luther - I'm uncertain on the length of a turn and if that is what was intended with the ability. I believe a turn is only 1) place a player and 2) optionally do a matchup action

Unbridled Ambition - "Alone on his side" is not standard game wording. I think it is clear enough. Anything I can think of would be much more wordy like "without any friendly players at his matchup"

A Perfect Plan - I think you should replace "game" with "matchup"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogre proof reading comments

Eager Ogre - I think it should be "discard pile" instead of "discard" but this is very minor

Strategist Ogre - I'm not sure any Ogres qualify as "Strategists". This just made me laugh and I had to comment.

Launcher Ogre - Is this name a translation issue or intentional? Normally you have translated the French word lanceur to thrower. Note: I kind of like the idea that Ogres have launchers instead of throwers (launcher feels less precise). Also "downed" on this card should be "down".

M'Grash - I think "Players of the same matchup" should be "Players at this matchup" (I loved this Ogre in the Blood Bowl books).

Breek'Break - Lot of little problems so I re-wrote the whole ability. "Choose a 1 star power teammate at another matchup, then roll a dice. On a X result, this player becomes injured. Otherwise, you may move him to this matchup. If he was the ball carrier, he takes it with him."

Survival of the Weakes - I assume the name should be Weakest. Also, wording is not standard. Maybe "place the snotling standing at any matchup"

Snack Time - not standard game wording. "... and stand up a downed Ogre at the same matchup"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norse proof reading comments:

Norse Berzerker - It is normally spelled Berserker in English but I don't care if you spell it with a z.

Yethee - I would change the and to an or. "before, during, or after"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jojo_TIMB wrote:

Renegade Gobelin - Goblin spelled wrong?
Goblin spelled french
We'll work on your whole proof read ! As always, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I glanced at Kislev and noticed the Bear Trainer is missing an 's' from the word this in his ability.

I love what you guys are doing. Keep up the good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ytrom
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As always, thanks!
I'll fix all this points as soon as possible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jojo_TIMB wrote:
Survival of the Weakes - I assume the name should be Weakest. Also, wording is not standard. Maybe "place the snotling standing at any matchup"
(Now I'm quoting myself... I swear I'm not this narcissistic in real life...)

I think I'm a little confused. I'm not sure if the intent is to commit the snotling and activate his abilities again or to just place him at a matchup.

Also, I'm sorry I didn't proof read these abilities before you put them onto cards. I probably could have saved you guys some work if I'd stayed on top of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
A
flag msg tools
Your work is amazing, but one of the best parts of Blood Bowl Team Manager is the commentary from Bob and Jim. Any chance of adding some of that flavor some time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Astrobot7000 wrote:
Your work is amazing, but one of the best parts of Blood Bowl Team Manager is the commentary from Bob and Jim. Any chance of adding some of that flavor some time?
We'll mostly add them once the balance pass is done. If you have any idea, feel free to give them. (on players who don't have a lot of text )

Jojo_TIMB wrote:
Jojo_TIMB wrote:
(Now I'm quoting myself... I swear I'm not this narcissistic in real life...)

I think I'm a little confused. I'm not sure if the intent is to commit the snotling and activate his abilities again or to just place him at a matchup.

Also, I'm sorry I didn't proof read these abilities before you put them onto cards. I probably could have saved you guys some work if I'd stayed on top of things.
No worries, we can deal with it
You have to play the abilities again as he's commited to the match-up once more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ytrom
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Astrobot7000 wrote:
Totally agree!

I put some fun comments from Bob and Jim for the French version.
Gengis
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
did an amazing work of translation for the Spanish one (but I was focus on cards mechanics and didn't write them down on cards yet). But we didn't start this translation for the English version.

We will add this final touch at the end of playtesting, so if you have some ideas it's perfect.

Compile them with the player's name and send me a BGG email. I'll add them at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NORAZLI SHAZRIL
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jojo_TIMB wrote:

Loner skill - I think this wording is a little wrong "When this player is the only player present at a matchup". This would mean the only player for either team. I think the goal was to be the only player for your side. I would try "While there are no other friendly players at this matchup"
The official wording for LONER skill is

LONER (While this player is the only 1 of your players committed to this matchup, increase his Star Power by 1.)

So to the developer team, just use this official wording

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NORAZLI SHAZRIL
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toobs85 wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:
Totally agree!

I put some fun comments from Bob and Jim for the French version.
Gengis
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
did an amazing work of translation for the Spanish one (but I was focus on cards mechanics and didn't write them down on cards yet). But we didn't start this translation for the English version.

We will add this final touch at the end of playtesting, so if you have some ideas it's perfect.

Compile them with the player's name and send me a BGG email. I'll add them at the end.
This I want to try...although my english is not that good 😅

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ytrom
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ghobot21 wrote:

The official wording for LONER skill is LONER (While this player is the only 1 of your players committed to this matchup, increase his Star Power by 1.)

Perfect. I changed it, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghobot21 wrote:

On a side note, we unfortunately all have french version of the game, so it can be hard to track the official wording at times =p
Thanks for the heads up !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NORAZLI SHAZRIL
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. Its nothing when compared to the team efforts and contributions 👍

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new whole league for you to crush your enemies. Here's the TCD (Tomb Crusher Division). It does contains the following teams, for your pleasure :
- The Khemris, with its immortal leader which players should serve.
- The Necromantics, which use their dark powers influenced by the two moons.
- The Underworld Creepers, which tends to play a game while collecting Warpstone all around.

If the others mechanics are mostly explained on the card, the Underworld Creepers are a bit tricky.
On each matchup, they produce a number of warpstone written at the bottom of the card, being downed or not.
You activate their abilities, if, in the matchup, they produce enough warpstone.
When downed, the grey warpstone indicates how many warpstones are needed to use the downed abilities listed right after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you posted this right before a busy weekend.
I'll try to remember to proofread the English cards sometime next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jojo_TIMB wrote:
Of course you posted this right before a busy weekend.
I'll try to remember to proofread the English cards sometime next week.
Well it was a busy week end for a lot of us so we wanted to give people a headstart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Kastner
Austria
Wien
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all your work. Feedback from a Non-native english speaker here:

On Bag of Bones/Rot: If THIS player ..... , THE player l becomes ...

Shouldn't it be THIS player again?

Also how exactly does the prince symbol work? Is it active if he's present in the matchup or if he's in play anywhere?

Risky Bet is missing a "Gain .. ".

Offrande has non-english text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the prince : If he's present at the matchup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Tiden
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks amazing.

If I took this to the printers, would everything be aligned and ready to print?

Cheers, Tomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Underworld English proofreading:
Blitzer - his name lost the "d" in underworld
Rasta - just a comment that Sure Hands and the downed pass skill are somewhat redundant. I feel like you could remove Sure Hands.
Team upgrade names - Shiny (not shinny) & Shining (not shinning)
Energizing Warpstone - ... committed at a matchup with 5 (warpstone) or more
Shining Ball - replace "in a matchup" with "at a matchup" (both instances)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Necro English Proofreading:
Note: I forgot that you have to do "when you commit" skills before the skill icons across the middle and that made this team very confusing at first.

Revenant - typically these players have been called Wights in the English version of Blood Bowl. I don't really care what they are called but you seem to try to make this feel like Blood Bowl as much as possible so I'd change it.

Note2: This feels like the most complicated team design you have created so far (and I don't feel like I can comment on balance issues at all).

Congrats. I found almost nothing I'd change on this team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |