Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
Microbadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: LGBTQ allyMicrobadge: TurtleCON Attendee
It's Friday! I hope everyone's had an awesome week!

Now that we've previewed all of Series 3:

From gallery of chaddyboy_2000

It's time for the other super fun announcement: an entire bonus additional series based on... Fireball Island: The Curse of Vul-Kar!

I hadn't planned on this series, but Restoration Games shot me an email saying they'd done this really neat art, and thought it might fit well in our artist series. I checked it out, and thought, huh, it would! These illustrations are amazing! Why not?

So, here we go, five new prints expertly crafted by Heather Vaughan, Lyall McCarthy, Nick Nazzaro, Kyle Ferrin, and Kwanchai Moriya!

The only kicker with these prints is that, since the collaboration just kind of came about after the fact, the artwork was only commissioned at a size that was less than what we order for ourselves. So, the maximum size of these prints is 16x24 rather than 24x36.

And, with that, preorders are now open!

During this preorder window, which closes in August 23rd, you'll be able to order prints from any series in a variety of sizes. Once the preorder window closes, it will take 1-2 months to receive the prints. At that time, we'll have all prints available for purchase at the 12x18 size.

I hope you've enjoyed checking these out as much as I enjoy working with the artists on them. Such a fun project, and glad to be able to offer them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
There will be no explanation.
badge
Microbadge: Bored At Work...Hello BGGMicrobadge: I backed Kingdom Death: Monster on KickstarterMicrobadge: Dark Souls series fanMicrobadge: Vespa fanMicrobadge: Dota 2 fan
Wow. Those Fireball Island prints are great. They make me wish I liked the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime K.
United States
Saint Clair Shores
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: I always return borrowed booksMicrobadge: Keep Calm and Play Video GamesMicrobadge: Watch it Played fan
These are fantastic! Makes me wish that I had free wall space in my game room =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: West Indies Cricket fan
I especially like the final 3 shown. Awesome!

RageGoblin wrote:
Wow. Those Fireball Island prints are great. They make me wish I liked the game.
Maybe I’ll get one just for the nostalgia factor having enjoyed the original when I was young, but not having any interest in the new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: I was outvoted... by everyone!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Whiskey drinkerMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?
Gosh, I really hope that you continue this series. I love the showcase of art styles profusely, and the Fireball Island set is staggeringly well put together (though as above, I do wish I care about the game at all to dedicate the wall-space ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminateMicrobadge:  The few, the proud, the exhausted... BGG.CON Team Geek!Microbadge: BGG.CON Virtual Flea Market fanMicrobadge: Cooperative? This is Sparta!
So i love all of these.

But why are over half of them i feel like in all these series now so red heavy lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Alan Moore fanMicrobadge: Fascinating!Microbadge: Carl Sagan fanMicrobadge: Computer Technician
Kwanchai is making a really good case for being the best artist working in boardgames these days... damn fine stuff pretty much every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Andres Luna Sanchez
Spain
flag msg tools
Microbadge: With a simple snap of my fingers...Microbadge: Rick and Morty fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Copper Video Game CollectorMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
Verdaderamente mmaravillosos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
These look great, I enjoy seeing them. Unfortunately they are way outside what I'm willing to spend for a poster print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: West Indies Cricket fan
I get it, but...

The price of one game.

It cost me a LOT more to get mine framed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Puerto Rico fanMicrobadge: AquaSphere fanMicrobadge: μTorrent userMicrobadge: Leverage fanMicrobadge: Kingdom Builder fan
I understand the business reasons behind it but...

I would LOVE a way to mix & match the "bundle" deals. Of the 12 prints available (17 if you include the FI ones) there are around 8 I would love to get, but they're spread out over all three series. So I have to buy them individually and pay more than otherwise.

Edit: This also means I'm much less likely to order all the ones I "want".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Robbins
United States
Browns Mills
New Jersey
flag msg tools
HAIL HYDRA
badge
Microbadge: I support the Women and Gaming communityMicrobadge: I play for fun, not to win!Microbadge: I throw out useless box insertsMicrobadge: Reduce, Reuse, RecycleMicrobadge: Uwe says...
pk2317 wrote:
I understand the business reasons behind it but...

I would LOVE a way to mix & match the "bundle" deals. Of the 12 prints available (17 if you include the FI ones) there are around 8 I would love to get, but they're spread out over all three series. So I have to buy them individually and pay more than otherwise.

Edit: This also means I'm much less likely to order all the ones I "want".
yeah pretty much how I feel, I understand that only buying 1-2 isn't cost prohibitive, but there are a solid 5-6 of them I'd like to get in one big swoop, but I doubt I'll do that at 30 a pop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls