Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only bought the complete sets of Dixie. What's the card distribution in the 60 card packs? Are they just proportional to the full set? Are they balanced in points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Columbia games put out the 60 card decks first as an attempt to get into the collectible card craze. The difference with this game was there was no rare, uncommon, or common cards, all the cards had the same rarity...functionally.

The Bull run cards were all exactly the same rarity, the Shiloh set (and I think the Napoleonic set)did introduce Bronze, Silver and Gold cards. There is no functional game difference between the same card in Bronze, Silver or Gold. They just were coloured different so folks could collect an entire Gold set if they wished.

If you purchased a full set, then you have functionally all the cards you need to play the game. The 60 card decks will only add cards you already have, but they may be foiled differently.

Enjoy the game, they are fun little light fast play games. I almost wore out my first deck of Bull Run cards. There is a lot more to the game than folks initially think, after a few games different bluffing feints and strategies become more apparent.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify: what I'm interested in is building decks similar to the 60 card decks. For example, what are the frequencies of generals, artillery, cavalry, terrain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.