United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oshirokita wrote:
wtcannonjr wrote:

The problem I had was I did not find an elevator in the ski lodge that would take me back up to the Foggy Goggle level so I had to make a few trips up and down stairs.

It's a "secret" elevator to Foggy Goggle. It doesn't show on the site map but it does exist. You need to pass through the kitchen beside First Tracks in the 'Staff Only' area. Just ask the staff there. They are nice and will direct you to the elevator.
Thanks! I will be sure to check with staff next year if I have the same tournament location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Morgal
United States
Mt. Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Regarding food options, Highlands Market is a great option just around the corner if you are willing to sacrifice your parking spot. Lots of great deli options that you can keep in your room fridge and use to make sandwiches in your room. The subs are also good if you are tired of pizza and burgers.

I was worried that open gaming would be a bit light after hearing reports from last year, but it was still pretty busy during the 2nd Saturday. Finally learned how to play Tin Goose and am looking forward to that event next year.

Parking seemed a lot more scarce this year, I'm guessing due to the previously-mentioned parking spots getting removed. I ended up abandoning my plans to go to the market Saturday evening after hearing that the upper lot was closed to traffic. As it was I had to get up early on Sunday to move my car to a spot remotely close to the rooms.

Was the separate vendor store across from the bowling ally new this year? I don't remember seeing it previously and it was neat to see some more vendor options like t-shirts and knicknacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinto wrote:
if you are willing to sacrifice your parking spot.

Nope, LOL.

The vendor room across from the bowling alley( Fox Den ) was used last year as well . The first couple years everything was jammed into Timberstone and it was hard to walk around during the initial rush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Craig Trader
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I solve problems, usually with computers ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinto wrote:
Regarding food options, Highlands Market is a great option just around the corner if you are willing to sacrifice your parking spot.

No need to lose your parking spot -- the hotel shuttle will take you there (and you can call from there to have them bring you back to the hotel).

Quote:
Was the separate vendor store across from the bowling ally new this year? I don't remember seeing it previously and it was neat to see some more vendor options like t-shirts and knicknacks.

No, the second vendor room was added last year. It was still good to have additional space for vendors -- I think that puts us back even with Lancaster for vendor space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
No need to lose your parking spot -- the hotel shuttle will take you there (and you can call from there to have them bring you back to the hotel).

I'd be nervous about time, though, if trying that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Craig Trader
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Statalyzer wrote:
Quote:

I'd be nervous about time, though, if trying that.

A reasonable concern. This isn't the fastest option, though the other restaurants aren't particularly fast either.

We used the shuttle to go to the market twice (for trips): for 3 of the trips, the shuttle response was pretty fast, but one trip has a >20 minute wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It opens at 7:30AM. Worst comes to worst, get there when it opens and even with a long shuttle wait, you'd get back before any event starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Romanowski
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:
Really the only issue I ran into was when we had a couple of social games (Titan the Arena and Ingenious) put into the same space as our event (Falling Sky) and the ASL Starter Kit - the noise level was so bad it caused play to stop at our tables. And I suspect this issue will not recur next year.
Ditto. I was playing ASLSK and rejoiced when an adjacent event ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott_Romanowski wrote:
Joelist wrote:
Really the only issue I ran into was when we had a couple of social games (Titan the Arena and Ingenious) put into the same space as our event (Falling Sky) and the ASL Starter Kit - the noise level was so bad it caused play to stop at our tables. And I suspect this issue will not recur next year.

Thirded - fourth round of the Combat Commander event had the same issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Craig Trader
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrtracy wrote:
Scott_Romanowski wrote:
Joelist wrote:

Thirded - fourth round of the Combat Commander event had the same issue.

And the third heat of Power Grid (10pm Friday) got completely drowned out by Liars Dice. And again, Ken has said that won't happen again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |