Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any group interested in playing 7 Ages online via Vassal or Cyberboard? How does one go about doing this?

Just got my copy recently and I am looking forward to playing it, but I am not sure how (if ever) I am going to get to play it FTF.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play if you get some people. I think there is a Cyberboard or a VASSEL mod that is supposed to work rather well...

We can all fight about optional rules first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

that sounds like a plan. I wonder if it is possible to play the game live via VASSAL (I know it would be impossible via Cyberboard)? If everyone had Skype, it could be a pretty interesting experience as it would be easy to play for an hour or two and save the game to be continued later.

Feel free to let me know when/how you would like to proceed.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in a PBEM game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer a cyberboard game I think since if I spend any more time playing games my wife will in all likelihood kill me. So I could do some e-mail action but a long session in front of the computer probably won't work so well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK.

I have downloaded both the cyberboard and VASSAL modules. So how do we begin?

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike and Jonas,

Are you both still interested in a PBEM 7 Ages game? If so, I will attempt to figure out how we can use Cyberboard to play the game.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you haven't already downloaded it, check out Nikolaj and Bruce's tips for using Cyberboard with 7 Ages http://boardgamegeek.com/file/info/17079. I've played about 8 games using these instructions, and it works pretty smoothly.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,

I have those tips and they are incredibly useful. Thanks for pointing them out!

If you are interested in joining our game, let us know. I have someone who might be willing to moderate a PBEM game via Vassal. If we could get another player or two, it would be ideal.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys going to play some live sessions via VASSAL, or by email at this point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to try a live session with VASSAL but I think that getting 4 or 5 people online at the same time for a minimum of 4 or 5 hours would be quite a challenge, not to mention the difficulty in trying to stay on top of all of the communications. Therefore I think I would like to try a PBEM game using Cyberboard and utilizing Bruce's tips (cited above).

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, it looks as if we have 4 interested players (including myself) and someone who might be willing to moderate the PBEM game. I will contact all of those who have expressed an interest in joining the game as soon as I hear back from the potential moderator.

As an aside I spent last night punching out the 7 Ages counters and looking at the cards. This really looks to be a very, very interesting game!

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wood
Australia
Carlton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it not too late to express interest - I haven't tried it out with the cyberboard though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Benn
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I'd be into a game live over Vassal, but not Cyberboard. I hate waiting for slow players to make their moves. What tends to happen with strangers is that they disappear when they start losing. Not good. Hopefully no one here is like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Salamon
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
When did this overtext thing happen? Am I supposed to think of something clever to put here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm another person wondering if it is too late to get into a PBEM game. Would love to figure this beast out finally. It has been sitting on my shelf for two years.

edit: I took a look at the Cyberboard site and it is Windows only, so I can't participate in that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Benn
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I should mention that I've played 7 Ages almost 20 times and would love to teach new players over Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm thinking about VASSAL as well. I don't usually play stuff like this in groups, but 7 Ages intrigues me (and I own it). Not really keen on email for two reasons: 1. Cyberboard just seems like a pain in the ass to use; and 2. I'm not a big fan of the min/maxing 20 hour pondering over each move that emails seems to bring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also interested in playing 7 Ages, either by Vassal or Cyberboard.
Let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.