Edge of Darkness» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: September Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
0×××{}=====>
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw a banner here on The Geek saying there will be a second Kickstarter in September.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

Thank you very much!

(Edit)

AEG Replied on Facebook confirming the return of Edge of Darkness to Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following - I'd be interested if there were

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cvlw wrote:
Following - I'd be interested if there were
Pics/link or it didn't happen?

But seriously, there have been comments that make me think that a second Kickstarter could happen. In sounds like retail isn't an option, but it *is* a great game, so a KS (along with an additional supply for online direct sales) seems like the best option for them to pursue. And I can't wait to see what new expansions they've come up with, if they do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, if they launch a new KS, they have to offer something new. They can't just offer a reprint of the previous project. I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, but I will be very interested to see what new offerings they will have for this game. I can only guess that for returning backers it would mainly consist of new locations and associated cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
Yep, if they launch a new KS, they have to offer something new. They can't just offer a reprint of the previous project. I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, but I will be very interested to see what new offerings they will have for this game. I can only guess that for returning backers it would mainly consist of new locations and associated cards.
That's the most obvious option, though it could add something new, too. Take Mystic Vale as an example: some of the expansions added new mechanisms, or added new ways of using existing mechanisms.

Next Kickstarter: Edge of Darkness Legacy! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Heyming
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:

This is likely a given, though it will be interesting to see if they have a full expansion ready (like dune star) or a mini expansion. Might be the later if they are just trying to capitalize on the post fulfillment hype cycle.

Another thing that would be an obvious addition is a 5th player.

(Also, judging from other KS projects that AEG has recently fulfilled (cough, TSQ) a cooperative mode?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hankheyming wrote:

Another thing that would be an obvious addition is a 5th player.

don't recall exactly but I thought they decided against a 5th player because of long turns/downtime, but in my couple plays I found it to be fairly quick so im not sure why they couldn't add a 5th player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the new content will be a plastic tokens pack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Heyming
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
Perhaps the new content will be a plastic tokens pack
Ooh, ooh. What if they offered a pack of BOTH plastic AND cardboard tokens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clair
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I can't answer a bunch of follow-up questions on this topic because I really probably won't have the answers. But what I know is yes, Edge KS2 is in the plan for AEG, probably September, and I've designed (and really like) an expansion for it. Also, they are talking about how they can leverage that KS to help deal with the production goof of including too few influence/goodwill tokens without it being cost-prohibitive. Don't have further details about whether that will happen or what it will look like if it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bowen
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnDClair wrote:
I can't answer a bunch of follow-up questions on this topic because I really probably won't have the answers. But what I know is yes, Edge KS2 is in the plan for AEG, probably September, and I've designed (and really like) an expansion for it. Also, they are talking about how they can leverage that KS to help deal with the production goof of including too few influence/goodwill tokens without it being cost-prohibitive. Don't have further details about whether that will happen or what it will look like if it does.

This sounds like a really good overall plan to offer something to original backers and new backers. Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0×××{}=====>
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnDClair wrote:

Thank you! Can't wait to find out more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When might we expect to get early information about the new expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Before the end of August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so, and I would like support for a 5th player. The rounds seem to go quick enough to support it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockey2010 wrote:
I hope so, and I would like support for a 5th player. The rounds seem to go quick enough to support it.
It may not only be a function of time; there's also the threat cube drop to consider. More people dropping cubes before your next turn means less control over what threats hit you (even if the number of cubes that triggers an attack is increased).

I'm not saying that's a show-stopper; only pointing out the turn length isn't the only factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Rockey2010 wrote:
It may not only be a function of time; there's also the threat cube drop to consider. More people dropping cubes before your next turn means less control over what threats hit you (even if the number of cubes that triggers an attack is increased).

I'm not saying that's a show-stopper; only pointing out the turn length isn't the only factor.

perhaps add attack immunity to one player to balance it out? I dunno just spitballing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to hear about expansions and all but I think it's really very much too early for a second KS, we barely received the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I'm happy to hear about expansions and all but I think it's really very much too early for a second KS, we barely received the game!
While I don't disagree entirely, keep in mind that a hypothetical KS would probably take a good year or more to fulfill, so we're not talking about getting the expansions immediately...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
While I don't disagree entirely, keep in mind that a hypothetical would probably take a good year or more to fulfill, so we're not talking about getting the expansions immediately...

I get that, it's more about the upfront payment being asked when the game has had a very recent release and is still too fresh to have been properly played by many.

No-one's forcing anyone of course, and like I saidn, very happy to hear it's being supported

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I get that, it's more about the upfront payment being asked when the game has had a very recent release and is still too fresh to have been properly played by many.

No-one's forcing anyone of course, and like I saidn, very happy to hear it's being supported
Fairly recent, sure ... though if the KS starts mid September and last a month, then most backers will have had the game over two months by the time the decision needs to be made, and even those served by the late NH hub should have had their copies for over a month.

Actually, longer than that -- backers will likely be able to put $1 down, then decide when the pledge manager comes up several months after the campaign ends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Razoupaf wrote:

It was the same with the 3rd KS with Thunderstone Quest a month ago. I got my Barricade box 5 days before that kickstarter launched.

Guess AEG want to keep momentum.

---

There are 3 thing I'm worried about Kickstarter.

1. The most important thing I see with this kickstarter that we don't get another big box like TSQ Barricades. The new content must fit in the existing box and I don't want to hear some BS about that new big box fits the future 5 expansion like they told us about TSQ.

I will only get Dunestar expansion which I know fits in the box if that's the case.

2. I'm worried about is the prices now 1,5 years later. AEG increased the prices quite a bit from TSQ KS2 to TSQ KS3. Increased production cost was the official explanation from Bryan Reese in the early comments of TSQ KS3.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see an 15-20% increase from the last EOD KS

They also added some US tariff BS that only should affected the US backers but every backer in the world got to pay for it. Yes I know AEG has explained it many times in that campaign and there is a big chuck of text in the FAQ in TSQ KS3 about this.

By the way, Has the tariffs been solved yet? I think have read somewhere that a solution were nearby.

3. Then last, is the strange and stupid decisions by AEG in running a KS campaign. I could actually add greedy there to. An example? Who at AEG was the moron who thought that the 4 level heroes should be an 25 dollar add-on?? It was around 50 heroes with 80% of the art that backers already payed for. AEG probably lost 1000 - 1500 backers in the first 2 days due to that stupid and greedy decision. You could add the tariffs above in this category as well.

They created a stretch goal to include the 4 level heroes after a ton of complains. If they created that stretch goal instantly the could have gotten much more money out of the campaign.

JohnDClair wrote:
They are talking about how they can leverage that KS to help deal with the production goof of including too few influence/goodwill tokens without it being cost-prohibitive.

Maybe they don't fix it at all? They could also put it as an 7 dollar add-on + plus shipping. It's AEG we talking about here.
What they should do is produce the rest of the required tokens needed and ship them to all the backers as a rest order with AEG swallow everything. They screwed up. Wasn't this game play-tested for like 3-4 years? They should have known and you John specially!

/end rant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bowen
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Fairly recent, sure ... though if the KS starts mid September and last a month, then most backers will have had the game over two months by the time the decision needs to be made, and even those served by the late NH hub should have had their copies for over a month.

Actually, longer than that -- backers will likely be able to put $1 down, then decide when the pledge manager comes up several months after the campaign ends!

It still feels like a short amount of time to learn the game, play it and know whether you want even more content then the huge amount you already have. I wondered something similar with Tidal Blades which was/is set to fulfill in October and originally the sequel was set to launch on kickstarter the same month. I'm actually quite glad the sequel got pushed back as it gives me more time to determine if it's a game I must have.

That said, earlier remarks by AEG about Edge of Darkness not being feasible at retail had me concerned it might not receive any support. So whether too early or not, I'm really glad to see this game is going to continue to get support, possible fixes to the issues people have noted, and even more content, as well as a reprint for those who missed the original campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
It’ll probs be a new expansion KS in which they’ll offer the reprint of the game. Much like they did with thunderstone quest.

I’m ready for more content for this great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I am happy to hear we will get more stuff/support. It's just unfortunate we will have likely to wait one more year to get more tokens though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |