Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: June 17th, 2004

Game: TransAmerica

Players: Denis, Rudy, Shafiqa, Tasia and Valdir (myself)

I wanted to teach them Die Fugger next, but after the strenuous mental effort caused by Mamma Mia (I don’t think I’ll be teaching them Puerto Rico anytime soon... ) nobody wanted to hear about a new game. They wanted some light, fun game and, of course, the chosen one was TransAmerica. I think I’ll have to stop writing a full session report for every game of TA that we play, because these guys are really addicted to this game...

I won the first round, Tasia only lost one point, the others were hurt more, they were a bit far from their cities. In the second round I thought I would only lose one point when Tasia completed her network, but only then did I notice that I hadn’t made it to Chicago. Someone else had gone through Cincinnati and as the map was upside down, I was misled... Darn!

On the third round Denis put his starter marker on San Francisco. I looked at my cards, saw that I had that city and asked him "are you sure you want to put your marker there?". He said yes. I looked at my cards again, at the board again and asked him more intently "do you really want to put your marker there?". He still said yes. At this point I said "Well, then thank you". He finally got it, looked at his cards and said "Oh, shoot, no, it’s in Sacramento!". Lots of laughing...

Tasia won again the third round and won the game with an almost perfect score: 12 points. I got 7 or 8, I don’t remember well; Rudy had 4, Denis, 2 and Shafiqa, who had gone over the barrier, had 1.

It was already late, everybody was hungry (because of the "pizza game") and they wanted to go home, but as Shafiqa wanted to play more, they agreed on a one-round game of TA. Again it was Tasia who won this one. I’m thinking of bestowing on her the honorary title of "Queen of the Railroad"!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.