Subject: Using the candidate as a Campaign Strategy card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
On the last turn (or, I suppose, my second-to-last turn), if my candidate's not exhausted, can I put his card in the Campaign Strategy pile? I couldn't find anything in the rules that addresses this, but it seems like there would be no reason to put the state abbreviation on the candidate card if you couldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. The rules say that players play one or two cards from their hand during the Campaign Strategy Phase. The rules also make it clear that the Candidate Card is not part of one's hand (and it's also only used during the Activity Phase). It stays in front of the player and when used is merely turned over for the 5 CPs. I'm guessing the state abbreviation is merely a reminder of the candidate's home state (and starting point for the candidate token).

I've yet to play the game (basing this on my interpretation of the rules), so I could be corrected...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Reading the top of page 12 of the rules makes it pretty clear that Candidate cards can only be played for Campaign Points. This would seem to imply that they can not be set aside as campaign *strategy* cards.

The state designation on the candidate card is used to place the candidate marker during game set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Leonhard
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian and Iain are spot on: candidate cards may not be placed as Campaign Strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.