Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yep! that's RIGHT! For a very limited 'time' then it will be once again for THIS and in "3-Ds"! Now, I'd like to watch that some in this manner, and how about YOU?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this last year, it was awesome. Will definitely see it again this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I drove my wife crazy trying to get to the theaters last year to see this. We made it (and happily had "This Is Halloween" lodged in our heads for the next three days), and I'm glad to see it's returning. The movie is OK, as is, but in 3D, it ROCKS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did they make it 3D? I want technical details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthan Heiselt
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah!

Just in time for Thanksgiving!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
rodspade wrote:

It's done post-production, and uses the same methods used for most of the 3D movies now, including Superman Returns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Digital_3-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. I saw the original when it came out. Later, as I found the wonder of my life, Ruth, I knew she would love this film. It is just so her. It is her favorite film, so thanks for the heads up on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
rodspade wrote:

It's done post-production, and uses the same methods used for most of the 3D movies now, including Superman Returns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Digital_3-D

Thanks for the link! It adequately describes the projection process, but I was also wondering how they made the source material three-dimensional. Where did they get images from the perspective of the "other" eye?

I understand how they would remaster CGI for 3D: Just rerender with two slightly different viewpoints. (After all, the computer model is 3D to begin with, then mathematically projected onto a 2D view plane.)

And if you're filming for 3D, just use two cameras that are offset a few inches.

But how do you take 2D film from a decade ago and add a third dimension?

One of the things that I love about Nightmare is that it's stop motion animation - real film of real objects. When you see shadows and reflections and stuff, they're real! I'm concerned that this magical new 3D version will be all digitalified (I invented a new word there) and look less realistic than before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.