(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Europe, interesting place, a few dozen countries you can visit in a couple of weeks...

Can we please please please have a selection option for "Europe" on the Tradefinder page ? It makes sense in view of overseas postal charges to try and keep trades intra-continental. If you're in the US or Australia no big deal. I just know that I've seen at least 2-3 geeks actually live in Europe and in different countrie at that !

Aldie, if you like, I can program it for you meeple I'll give you Geekgold ! I'll write you a poem...

(ok, no more threats)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Senor EvilMonkey
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Oooh ooh ohh I second this idea, but could we also add another feature that filters OUT people who only have games in either their wants or trades list? I can't imagine I'm the first person to complain about just how incredibly annoying it is to find someone who either a) has a game you want for trade, but seems to want nothing in return, or b) people who want one of your trades, but is seemingly not prepared to offer anything in exchange... angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wibblenut wrote:
Oooh ooh ohh I second this idea, but could we also add another feature that filters OUT people who only have games in either their wants or trades list? I can't imagine I'm the first person to complain about just how incredibly annoying it is to find someone who either a) has a game you want for trade, but seems to want nothing in return, or b) people who want one of your trades, but is seemingly not prepared to offer anything in exchange... :angry:

Don't worry - you are in good company - I have a moan about this every year or so.

So you saved me the bother this year.

Now all I have to moan about (again) is the pure daftness of having separate country categories of England, Scotland and Wales, as well as the United Kingdom. Sure it lets people exercise their regional patriotism, but at the expense of the trade manager - selecting United Kingdom does *not* automatically select the individual countries, and selecting England (or Scotland, or Wales) misses people who live there, but associate themselves with the UK (as I do).

To help Aldie and and the BGG guys understand how dumb it is, it is the equivalent of allowing people to register with a country of "Texas" or "California".

There, that's that over for 2007. I feel so much better now.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.