Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello friends!

I have been doing a bit of canvassing, and so - I am going to be re-reduxing Flash Gordon's marvellous... nay, fashionable 17er, with the hope that it pulls in an ever-increasing number of vets! To begin with, the game will be invitation-only - I already have a few people sounded out for places in the game, and it will be open via GM or thread post for a bit for people to sign up provided they aren't a regular player and haven't been for a prolonged period of time over the last year or so. After a period of time, I will then open it for anyone to fill the remainder of the game.

I've tried to get Flashy himself to play, but he hasn't been on BGG since like May - so if you know of a way to bother him off BGG, that would be noice as all game are improved with Flash!

Here is a list of previous runs of the set!

one, two, three, four, five, six and seven

ROLES:

TEAM EVIL:

Werewolves x2: Standard werewolves. They share a chat, count for evil parity and choose a player to kill each night. There is no kill on N0. One of the wolves will be brutal and will be informed of this. This order is mandatory and a random order will be chosen if one is not selected by the player.

Wolf Cub x1: Starts as an aux evil, promotes to max evil (Werewolf) upon the death of the first original werewolf. The wolf cub knows the identity of the non-brutal wolf at the start of the game.

Sorcerer x1: Knows the identity of the wolves and the wolf cub. Views for the seer and aux seer each night. Gets a positive hit on either, but will not be able to distinguish between the two. Gets a random negative N0 view. Counts for good parity.

Witch x1: Each night, starting N1, the witch may select a player to power-block. If that player has an active night action, their action will fail and they will be informed of this. This ability will not work on players with no active abilities or powers. The witch may not target the same player on two consecutive nights.

TEAM GOOD:

Seer x1: Views for max evils (Werewolves) each night, starting N1. Gets a random negative N0 view.

Aux Seer x1: Views for aux evils (Sorcerer, Witch, Wolf Cub before promotion) each night, starting N1. Gets a random negative N0 view.

Hunter x1: Defies parity. If the hunter is left alive at the end of the game with one werewolf, Team Good will win. The hunter is brutal upon death - if he dies, he must kill another player alongside himself. This order is mandatory and a random order will be chosen if one is not selected by the player.

Martyr x1: Chooses a player to protect each night. If that player is selected to be Night Killed, will die in their place.

Villagers x8: Ordinary villagers with no special powers. One villager is an unaware tinker and will come up positive to any view order entered against them. The tinker-villager will reveal as a tinker.

TIMES AND DATE:

This game will start when full.

Dusk will be called at 3:00 PM.
Dawn will be called at 3:30 PM.

Time and date are negotiable, but time only slightly (before 3PM not later)

WIN CONDITIONS:

Evil: Achieve parity with Good.
Good: Eliminate the werewolves.

OTHER BUSINESS:

Votes time-stamped 3:00pm will be counted. Votes time-stamped 3:01pm or later will not.
There are no hidden Victory Conditions.
There is no chance of conversion.
There are no neutrals.
Ask a question in blue to receive an answer from me in blue.
Lynch decided by LHLV (Longest Held Last Vote).
Please be generally respectful, etc.
If you would like to co-mod with me for whatever reason and laugh at these lab rats observe these players as they flail around helplessly play the game admirably, that is fine.

And a huge thanks to Flash for giving me the permission to run the set and for the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
annab
AnneAa
Belash
Beowulf
Dake
dbmurph22
Flagaster
Flash Gordon
Irina_Phoenix
Javal
kuchick
nolemonplease
SamNzed
thatfedoraguy
Valkerie32
Veni Vidi Vici
zd00

17 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2250603
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
No but seriously does anyone know how to contact Flash outside of BGG to make him come play? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flagaster Montefiore
msg tools
Can I still sign up for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Flagaster wrote:
Can I still sign up for this game?

Not yet =)

In about a week's time, I will open the game to everyone for signups!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
One question can the witch ‘power-lock’ evil powers OR does the witch know who is evil?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
mb
Subscribed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi dmurph, others.

Nice to see you all.

Or not yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
What is this? Is this a game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

Well, it may be a game or perhaps a bizarre 1970s style psychological thriller.

I’m not sure.

You could ask Rorab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

Let's get fashionable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Thin White Duke
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
No but seriously does anyone know how to contact Flash outside of BGG to make him come play? whistle

Who are we talking about again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Flash Gordon wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

I CAN TAKE THIS AS A YES SIGN ME UP???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Thin White Duke
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

Nah, I'm good. Just dropping in to say hi. I'm gonna go now. Thanks though.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Translation: Of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Flash Gordon wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

Nah, I'm good. Just dropping in to say hi. I'm gonna go now. Thanks though.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Translation: Of course

heart heart heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
If you actually put me on the roster, I promise not to be a TommyDanger sockpuppet this time. Unless, you know, I've been one all along...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
If you actually put me on the roster, I promise not to be a TommyDanger sockpuppet this time. Unless, you know, I've been one all along...

Heh, I'll add you to the waitlist - I'm still waiting on a couple of coals of people that haven't been playing much in the past year or so, and then once that's over, I'll be going down my waitlist to fill the last slots - but I'll very likely need alts as well, so if you don't make it onto the starting roster, I still might have a game for people =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flagaster Montefiore
msg tools
Will the sign up open soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Flagaster wrote:
Will the sign up open soon?

As I said a sec ago I'm still waiting on a couple responses before then - this game after all was created in order to facilitate as many players who used to play here but don't very often anymore =)

When that's done - I have a waitlist instead - the game won't likely go to being an open one - inasmuch as people have professed interest to me via the thread and via Geekmail so I'd like to let them play if possible. You are on said list dw =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flagaster Montefiore
msg tools
No worries. I didnt realize you just wanted certain people in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Flagaster wrote:
No worries. I didnt realize you just wanted certain people in the game.

Naw, it's not that I only want certain players in the game per se, but this game was conceived as a method to try to enable veterans to play - like, you and other people are totally welcome to play once I have all responses from vets - the same sort of way that Hi games are facilitated for newer players, but completely welcome to players who aren't new as well - only if I said it was catered for vets and left it open for everyone - the game would fill before a lot of vets even knew it was a thing that existed =)

I tried to make that as transparent as possible in both the OP and further posts I made, so I apologise if that wasn't clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm about to get this game set-up! The finalised roster has been posted - with vets, and then people who asked me to play before others, so I'm sorry if you wanted to play and missed out - but please let me know if you'd be interested in being on standby in case of replacement needs!

I will be rolling roles in a sec, and putting the game into N0 mode for check-ins in Cassy. Please post in your mod chat so I know you're ready to play the game when chats are up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
mb
The_Rorab wrote:
Okay, I'm about to get this game set-up! The finalised roster has been posted - with vets, and then people who asked me to play before others, so I'm sorry if you wanted to play and missed out - but please let me know if you'd be interested in being on standby in case of replacement needs!

I will be rolling roles in a sec, and putting the game into N0 mode for check-ins in Cassy. Please post in your mod chat so I know you're ready to play the game when chats are up!

You can put me on standby; I really just wanna lynch zd00. devil

I'll be reading along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [35] |