Subject: Anyone get their copy of Mordred yet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ChiefsFanInKC
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just curious has anyone received their copy of Mordred from Valley Games yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only word I've heard in the last month from Valley games is that they'll "stop selling this on Sept. 21." Other than that, nothing.

I completely understand a new company stumbling a bit and making some newbie mistakes.

But Valley is making the further mistake of not learning from those mistakes. No one will ever complain that you're communicating too much, but communicating too little will lose you customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cole
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not I either but I won't expect it now until after Essen is over, I'm sure they are too involved with that. Also don't forget they are just the distributers of this game that is coming from another publisher -Warfrog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not received mine yet. I don't mind any delay, but I would like to know if there is one. It might show up today, or two months later, and I don't know which is more likely.

I'm patient. I'd just like to know either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told via email about 2 months ago that it would be here in "a couple of weeks"...all emails to them from me since then have not been replied to.

They had no trouble sending me an email asking for payment for Container though

Getting a bit frustrated...in the software world this kind of stuff is called "vaporware"...I think Valley Games has given us the boardgame equivalent - the "vaporgame".

These were my first preorders from any game manufacturer and now I'm wary of preordering anything again.

If they spent half as much time actually getting their games to their customers as promoting their new non existing games we might get somewhere.

(Edited to add more whining )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm patient too. It's not a matter of delays, which happen, but one of communication.

GMT Games is a good example. Gene B. is on Consimworld nearly every day, and he gives constant updates to the production schedule.

Both GMT and Valley Games have recently charged me for upcoming games. With one company, I know exactly where in the process those games are, and when I should expect them. With the other I'm completely in the dark.

Guess which one I'll continue to preorder from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
~cough~ Hannibal ~cough~

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, until I see their communication level improve, I am not going to pre-order from them. GMT is great with communication, and Valley Games, who know they are bad, refuses to fix this issue. It doesn't take long to jot a few words down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
I'm patient too. It's not a matter of delays, which happen, but one of communication.

GMT Games is a good example. Gene B. is on Consimworld nearly every day, and he gives constant updates to the production schedule.

Both GMT and Valley Games have recently charged me for upcoming games. With one company, I know exactly where in the process those games are, and when I should expect them. With the other I'm completely in the dark.

Guess which one I'll continue to preorder from?

Good summation...communication, specifically "honest" communication is most important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the pre-order list for both Mordred and Container and am looking forward to receiving both soon.

An important note to remember is that all 3 Valley Games staff are currently in Essen and won't be back until October 26th. Until then, their access to email and these forums will likely be spotty. They announced this in the following post: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/223014

The latest I had heard about Valley Games' recent releases are as follows:

* Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage - Already shipping in Europe with the plastic generals to follow ASAP. They'll probably have some demonstration copies available at Essen and maybe some for sale as well. The ship arrived in North America but contents were currently held up in customs with no clear timeline for when that will be resolved. We'll likely hear more once VG returns from Essen and can start sorting out the details with the people in customs.

* Mordred - Warfrog has already been distributing a handful in the UK and will likely have some with them in Essen. The shipment is en route to North America but there's no clear indication of when it will arrive in port and whether or not it will suffer the same customs issues as Hannibal. Again, we'll know more once VG returns from Essen.

* Container - This is VG's big Essen release (together with Hannibal). I don't know where these were being manufactured but, regardless, they'll have flown in a small lot for Essen for demonstration purposes and possibly for sale. I don't think there's been any mention of ships leaving port yet, so it's possible we may not see this one until Christmas time.

That's my understanding of where things are currently at, all of it gleaned from posts made by VG representative, Kevin Nesbitt (otrex), here on BGG. I'm definitely looking forward to the arrival of the two games I've pre-ordered but I recognize that these things take time. VG's communication on these forums and via email have been excellent, as far as I'm concerned. They do need to work on keeping their estimates more conservative as a means of managing our expectations but that's an error of too much communication rather than too little.

I recommend everyone hang tight until Halloween. No doubt VG will have further updates on the situation for us by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
dtqbterror wrote:
Just curious has anyone received their copy of Mordred from Valley Games yet?

Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.