Popular Tags: [View All]
Misha Nosiara
Australia
Como
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought Runebound at the Elf Fantasy Fair in the Netherlands on Saturday (Europe's biggest medieval fair). Amazing event with huge numbers of people dressed in all sorts of gear (black leather seemed popular).

Played our first game of Runebound Sat evening. 4 player, with one parent (me), two 16 yr olds and a 13 yr old. No real rules issues, played smoothly. Jan (one of the 16 yr olds) could do no wrong and quickly upgraded, thanks mostly to his +4 sword he got for free from the 'free items in towns'event. The rest of us were all about equal, but the winner was clear early on.

Game 2 was a 2-player on Sunday, just me and my son (13). I usually have OK dice in games but here it was appalling. Couldn't do anything right. I was still trying my first couple of yellow adventures when Chris was doing the reds. His second one was Margath which was very entertaining to watch. Luck was with him and he managed to triumph.

Great fun both times - interestingly, the second game had a different feel with lots of events (the start town being destroyed, other towns shutting their gates and doubling the cost of items) and rivers flooding!

Ratings: Me 8 (would be higher if I was sure the game didn't have a runaway leader effect), Chris 10 (His new favourite game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.