Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Tom Vassel's review and a google translate of the italian rule "Il giocatore in ultima posizione nella plancia" says the last player rolls the dice, not the first player.

Is it an advantage or a disadvantage to be the one who rolls in a memory game? Any ideas which way it should be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, the English rules say the last player rolls to. I'm not sure if that was in question or not.

I think being the one to roll is helpful. Its easy to get sidetracked and miss a few seconds at the start of the roll, if you are chatting, or glancing at the board, or reaching over to steal your opponent's munchies while she's focused on the game. If you are the one rolling, you are focused on the roll and know exactly when its hitting the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Heinecke
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the last player rolls the dice.
I think this is because WWW is a family game and so a kid which is at the last position may at least roll the dice - as I have experienced, they love to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.