Subject: Abusive communications from Golden Bell Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tracey roper
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow. I received a shipping damaged copy of the game and then shortly after a second undamaged copy. I put the damaged copy to the side and about a month later gave it away. Received an email from Andrew at Golden Bell a few days ago saying they had accidentally double shipped so I needed to pay twice. I politely explained that I thought this was unfair as so much time (months) has passed, and have received MULTIPLE personally abusive emails saying he hopes my game is missing parts, that I’m a real piece of work, and never to buy from them again. I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED NASTY MESSAGES IN SUCH A WAY BEFORE. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

The game is ok for a couple of play through but nothing you need to own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
There is no try...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anyone doubts what you are saying/has happened to you, but it would be interesting to see screenshots (with personal identifying information blacked out) of what was said, just so we can compare this to what GBS has done/said to others in the past...

But at this point, is anyone surprised...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tracey roper
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I reached out to their management to get it to stop. No response. I don’t see an option to post the email as there is a clause at the bottom of each saying I can’t share. If other people are having the same nastiness please get in touch and maybe we can talk to their owner together to put a stop to it.

I’ve blocked him now anyway. Such a pity to ruin what previously was a pleasurable experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tracey roper
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well I’m glad I’m not the only one to be treated this way to be honest. This makes me feel better. I was upset earlier. Let’s just stay away from their games. Vote with our spending
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sandyfruitcake wrote:
I don’t see an option to post the email as there is a clause at the bottom of each saying I can’t share.e

http://mentalfloss.com/article/559028/is-confidentiality-dis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tracey roper
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tracey roper
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This was the screenshot earlier. It got worse after that, you see I wasn’t responding but they kept coming so I blocked and trashed

Shared to my BoardGames group of around 200 people and they said the same. This company is notorious. Oh well. I love games and won’t let this spoil things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:
But at this point, is anyone surprised...?
This right here-^

That would be a big no!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
sandyfruitcake wrote:
That's so disappointing, what a terrible way to communicate with customers.
If it's any consolation, at least he didn't bring on heavy cringe with an indecent proposition zombiezombiezombie

DiamondSylph wrote:
I received an offer from Mr. Goldner to discount my shipping to something within the range of initial expectations if I would meet him personally. Setting aside the possible creep factor, I'm not buying an untrackable delivery from this company being a satisfactory solution, in light of the terrible reputation it has earned.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/32598533#32598533
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, that confidentiality blurb on their emails is meaningless.

Also, the “management” are bigger jerks than Andy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
sandyfruitcake wrote:
there is a clause at the bottom of each saying I can’t share.

HA!

Like to see that stand up in court. Email is two-way communication and not privileged.

share it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bowen
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandyfruitcake wrote:
I reached out to their management to get it to stop. No response. I don’t see an option to post the email as there is a clause at the bottom of each saying I can’t share. If other people are having the same nastiness please get in touch and maybe we can talk to their owner together to put a stop to it.

I’ve blocked him now anyway. Such a pity to ruin what previously was a pleasurable experience

For frame of reference there CEO has cyber-stalked, threatened, and harassed customers more than once ao Andrew from golden Bell might we'll be reading from a script or following SOPs.

That legal disclaimer is also par for the course for them. They like to pretend the law is different than it is (see Media mail), they love to use the threat of lawsuits against people, they're currently extorting Unbroken backers for more money and trying to make it seem like those backers legally must return unrequested duplicate copies, and they apparently have a pattern of slipping language like "we own your company/all future IPs) into contracts and business agreements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tracey roper
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’ve complained to Kickstarter and my credit card company for abuse and now fraud based on below.

Kickstarter report is a link at the bottom of their campaign page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felonious Tub
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Get off my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope Artem is seeing these and seeing the type of people he is doing business with. Disgusting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Santos
Philippines
Pasig
flag msg tools
mb
FeloniousTub wrote:
I really hope Artem is seeing these and seeing the type of people he is doing business with. Disgusting.

I'm fully supporting him if he transfers to another publisher and make a re-themed version of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vgambit
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about China, but in the US, if you receive a package from a business due to an error, you aren't obligated to do or pay anything.

Otherwise, a business with a shitty product could simply send it to people en masse, then hit them up for payment after the fact, like they did with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sylvester
United States
Suwanee
GA
flag msg tools
mb
Welcome to the party, OP. This is what it’s been like. I actually earned a personal text to my cell phone from Marc (CEO) threatening to take me to court because he didn’t like my criticism online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MostlyHarmlesss wrote:
Welcome to the party, OP. This is what it’s been like. I actually earned a personal text to my cell phone from Marc (CEO) threatening to take me to court because he didn’t like my criticism online.

Did he get your phone number by looking up your order in the pledge manager?

That raises SO many issues ... though I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vgambit wrote:
Not sure about China, but in the US, if you receive a package from a business due to an error, you aren't obligated to do or pay anything.

Otherwise, a business with a shitty product could simply send it to people en masse, then hit them up for payment after the fact, like they did with you.

At least on our side of the pond this does not apply to accidently sent goods, double shipments and additonal stuff in the package. It only applies if e.g. someone entered your address and the sender sent it to you in good conscience.
If the package was sent unintentionally, the sender would have the right to ask the delivery service to return the package to them and they would eventually knock on your door.
I don't know about China and I have no idea which law to apply in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
So has there been a single instance of Golden Bell offering to pay return shipping for these duplicate copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
With his abject bloody silence on the matter, we can now say definitively that Artem endorses and approves of the abuse being doled out by Marc, Andy and the rest of the GoldenBS cult. Sad, but not surprising really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
There is no try...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dekkadekkadekka wrote:
With his abject bloody silence on the matter, we can now say definitively that Artem endorses and approves of the abuse being doled out by Marc, Andy and the rest of the GoldenBS cult. Sad, but not surprising really.

I wouldnt go that far. He probably doesn't know the true extent of it, or if he does then there may be little he can do (legally) about it.

I wouldn't lump Artem in with the bad batch just yet. Remember, the poor guy may have also fallen victim to GBS predatory contracting tactics, and now he faces issues with what he thought was going to be his future livlihood!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Mossquito wrote:
dekkadekkadekka wrote:

I wouldnt go that far. He probably doesn't know the true extent of it, or if he does then there may be little he can do (legally) about it.

I wouldn't lump Artem in with the bad batch just yet. Remember, the poor guy may have also fallen victim to GBS predatory contracting tactics, and now he faces issues with what he thought was going to be his future livlihood!

I'm sorry but there's no way he doesn't know the true extent of it having been active in these forums and on the KS page itself.

And fine, he might not be able to do much legally, but would it kill him to say "You know, that's not right, I'll have a word and see what I can do"? It still wouldn't solve anything but at least it'd show a sliver of embarrassment that this project has been hijacked by con artists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vgambit wrote:

That's exactly why the law.was.changed to that. In the past companies would send unsolicited product then demand payment in full for your "purchase". The new law.put a stop.to it real quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dekkadekkadekka wrote:
Mossquito wrote:
dekkadekkadekka wrote:

I'm sorry but there's no way he doesn't know the true extent of it having been active in these forums and on the KS page itself.

And fine, he might not be able to do much legally, but would it kill him to say "You know, that's not right, I'll have a word and see what I can do"? It still wouldn't solve anything but at least it'd show a sliver of embarrassment that this project has been hijacked by con artists.

He can't really say a thing if he's under an NDA, which he probably is. It just might be the case of riding this storm out until he's finished his contractual obligations, and in the future just saying he's not allowed to discuss such things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |