Dillon Tinlin

Illinois
msg tools
Hey all, I'm looking for anyone looking to find a fun schedule to play some games. Or if you have a group and are looking for more I would love to hear about it. I am open to most genres, just looking for an enjoyable and fun group.

If there isn't really any local groups and people are interested, let me know and I can try and get a group together fitting everyone's schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lee
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, Dillon. I'm interested in getting together with a group now and then. My availability is spotty and usually consists of a night during the week (Tuesdays, Thursdays, and the very rare Friday). I mostly play solo right now, but the games I've been getting into are Pandemic, New Bedford, Terraforming Mars, and Scythe. I'm certainly willing to learn and play other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres a group that gets together at Amazing Fantasy on Lagrange on Fridays.... or Im part of a group that gets together once a month on Meetup a Frankfort group... which is meeting tonight actually. 8/9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean roberts
United States
Homewood
IL-Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did game demo's at Tinley gaming goat on Thursday's for a while. Probably start doing that again in September October I would think. The gaming goat in Tinley would love to get a group going on Thursday nights.

Tuesday's, the Homewood Science center has a game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lee
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Gaming Goat is a great place. I was in there for the first time a few weeks ago. A Thursday night group there sounds good.

What games did you demo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean roberts
United States
Homewood
IL-Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold west, Downfall, Haven. Maybe something else in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Tinlin

Illinois
msg tools
I go to Amazing Fantasy quite often for things. If you guys were interested I could try and set us up a day to go there and maybe keep something consistent. Also I'm ok trying out the goat over there in Tinley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lee
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would be open to either place, depending on the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a group that gets together in Shorewood alternating weds and occasional day o games in boilingbrook.

Always down for more game groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Tinlin

Illinois
msg tools
So I talked to Amazing Fantasy, and they said if we had a consistent outing and such they can also try and help with giving away promos on occasion too.

Not sure if y'all are interested, but it seems like a pretty decent option. I would love to work something out, try and set up a schedule and what not to get an active group going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lee
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Tinlin

Illinois
msg tools
Awesome I'll see what I can come up with. Do you guys have consistent work schedules to work around? Available days/times etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slayrides wrote:
So I talked to Amazing Fantasy, and they said if we had a consistent outing and such they can also try and help with giving away promos on occasion too.

Not sure if y'all are interested, but it seems like a pretty decent option. I would love to work something out, try and set up a schedule and what not to get an active group going.

The AF on Lagrange in Frankfort? They have Boardgame night on Fridays right now.

If you have the app Meetup, Join the Frankfort Meetup group... next Meetup is Sept 13, its Horror Theme night since its Friday the 13th. Usually meet 6-12.

I also grab a few people from the group and play at my house in between these meetups and play games usually on the weekends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Tinlin

Illinois
msg tools
Curfew wrote:
Slayrides wrote:

The AF on Lagrange in Frankfort? They have Boardgame night on Fridays right now.

If you have the app Meetup, Join the Frankfort Meetup group... next Meetup is Sept 13, its Horror Theme night since its Friday the 13th. Usually meet 6-12.

I also grab a few people from the group and play at my house in between these meetups and play games usually on the weekends.

Yes in Frankfort. I think there wasn't much going on week to week or even really month to month happening. I am there almost every Friday playing magic because nobody is playing board games. Depending on interest I would like to get a few times a month or if it's once a month that works too. I just want to have some consistency, I was talking with them and they said there was a big break currently happening for the play group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a few years back, I myself and a bunch of other people had a monthly ZOMBICIDE event there for about a year.... then the core group started gaming at other peoples houses.

Im always looking to game now... summers over, so most overtime for me is done, but I usually only game on weekends due to being up early for work during the week.

You should check out that Franfort Meetup. Ill be there the 13, Im Anthony, just say hi... Ill be bringing Last Friday to that 'Theme', and some other games, too... 16 people are signed up to go atm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a wonky schedule cause I'm a nurse. So i'm off alternating weekends and mon/weds alternating. But always down to game on my days off. Weds off I'm usually in shorewood gaming at paper and plastic sports

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Tinlin

Illinois
msg tools
Maybe we could set up for a Sunday once a month or I'm not sure how Saturdays are for interest but I assume people maybe wouldn't be as interested but I'm not sure. I know Wednesday they have a very large d&d crowd so it would be hard to overlap those. As for the group from meetup, is that monthly at amazing fantasy or? They didnt really mention a monthly group but were very interested in having people around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
CHICAGO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
a few years back, I myself and a bunch of other people had a monthly ZOMBICIDE event there for about a year.... then the core group started gaming at other peoples houses.

Im always looking to game now... summers over, so most overtime for me is done, but I usually only game on weekends due to being up early for work during the week.

You should check out that Franfort Meetup. Ill be there the 13, Im Anthony, just say hi... Ill be bringing Last Friday to that 'Theme', and some other games, too... 16 people are signed up to go atm.

One of these days we have to get together for a game or two....How did that last friday game turn out?...I know its been a month

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GuyForner wrote:
Curfew wrote:

One of these days we have to get together for a game or two....How did that last friday game turn out?...I know its been a month

Great, had around 20 peeps, played games at 5 different tables, we ordered pizza.... next meetup Oct 4 (spooky theme night)... goto Meetup and get the info.. Frankfort Board Games Meetup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls