Hide
5 Posts

Relic» Forums » General

Subject: Wizkids v FFG component and rule changes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some review copies go out. I was wondering if anyone has noticed any major rule changes? How comparable are the cards to the FFG version?

I'm assuming things are going to be quite similar based on how they handled Fury of Dracula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele
msg tools
Hey Sneth!

The rulebook was already well thought out, so our only changes were tweaks for clarity and updating pronouns. I believe someone did a quick look comparing them in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2150673/relic-coming-wizkid...

For components, we made a couple changes I can list below.
-All figure busts have been redesigned - they're a little larger and now have arms, weapons, and new poses.
-The box includes a plastic tray with clear spaces for all the major components.
-The character cards and scenario cards are now punchboard, instead of cardstock.

There are two versions of the game available - premium (painted) and standard (unpainted). The only difference between the versions is the paint - the sculpts are the same in each. Look for some more pictures of these soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the FFG content be compatible with the Wizkids content (same card backs, etc?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Will the FFG content be compatible with the Wizkids content (same card backs, etc?)

This is my question as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had time to do a nice comparison review, but i do own both copies. The wizkids version is the same game throughout.

The production is surprisingly similar. E.g. the rulebook layout is page for page identical.

The card material is not the same. FFG uses a linen finish card stock throughout. The Wizkids version uses a smooth finish on the cards. I don't know enough about cards to say more than that. Art and colour look very close, but the texture is different.

The cards would be the only difference if you own the FFG expansions, which I do. However, I do not think it would impact the game too much to simply mix both versions together. It would be difficult to tell the difference if you sleeved everything.

I will try to get some images together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls