Hide
4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Weapon Mastery - 2 hand clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Freeman
msg tools
I'm combing through the game rules again to make sure I'm actually playing by the rules correctly. Somehow this card confusion didn't come up yet...

- Weapon Mastery
"Each time you perform an attack with either 1 Melee weapon with 2 Hand icons or 2 Melee weapons with 1 hand icon each, you may exhaust this card to add 1 Surge to the results"

I thought you could only use 1 weapon per attack action?
- How does the timing work on this for the 2 single-hand-weapon option? Do you have to declare both actions upfront and get the bonus surge on both? Do you get the bonus surge on the 2nd attack?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Hansen
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon mastery is one of the cards not worded as precise as we all wish. The text should be:

"If you have either 1 Melee weapon with 2 hand icons or 2 Melee weapons with 1 hand icon each equipped, you may exhaust this card when you perform an attack, after dice are rolled, to add 1
to the results."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Freeman
msg tools
Sadgit wrote:
Weapon mastery is one of the cards not worded as precise as we all wish. The text should be:

"If you have either 1 Melee weapon with 2 hand icons or 2 Melee weapons with 1 hand icon each equipped, you may exhaust this card when you perform an attack, after dice are rolled, to add 1
to the results."

And ... added to my list of personal errata. Thanks for the quick response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadgit wrote:

to the results."

Far better. However, this unintentionally allows to add 1
when attacking with a Handbow.

I suggest this slight modification:

"If you have either 1 Melee weapon with 2 hand icons or 2 Melee weapons with 1 hand icon each equipped, you may exhaust this card when you perform an attack with one of those weapons, after dice are rolled, to add 1
to the results."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls