Popular Tags: [View All]
Baylor Peak
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Helo ya'll,

Absolutely love this game!

I have been perusing the Variants section and love some of the ideas. Based on my play experience and some of the ideas I have read, here is my suggested variant for feedback

1. Aliens either move 2 with no attack or move 1 then attack. If they feed, they can move 3 with no attack, but still limited to moving 1 to attack.

2. Humans spawn into an Alien in the same sector they were killed after 2 rounds. Allows time for gestation and mutation

3. Expand hidden roles: Similar to other hidden role games, have everyone close their eyes. Have the Aliens open their eyes and look around for other Aliens then close their eyes. (This gives Aliens a better chance not to attack other Aliens, but still keep player elimination.

Have the Captain open their eyes and everyone else keeps their eyes closed but humans hold up their thumbs then Captain closes their eyes. (Captain knows his/her crew, but Crew doesn't know who the Captain is)

4. If a human draws a damaged escape POD card, treat this as a self destruct activation sequence, Aliens then have 3 rounds to attack that POD to disable Self destruct sequence. If they fail, ship self destructs and Humans still win because humanity is safe from Alien infestation. If all humans escape and no self destruct sequence is activated they still win as normal, same for if Aliens kill all humans.

Not sure this would break the game, but welcome any feedback, please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your last idea, my take is it is hard enough for the humans to win, I did not like that chance may make them fail. But if they sacrifice for the good of humanity, that is something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls