Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Dracula play consecutive Relentless Minion event cards to force 3 battles with the same minion (the original and then the effect of playing the 2 cards), or is there a limit on event cards you can play per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember any rule specifically saying anything to the contrary so I would say yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Yes unless that card says it can only be played once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob McMurray
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the thing I've always wondered in the situation where Dracula plays any/multiple relentless minions is what the effect the card has on the encounter chit.

If Seward defeats minion #3, removing the encounter from the trail, and then Dracula plays a relentless minion card is the encounter chit put back because that minion is relentless? This is important because if Seward then were to escape in order to avoid the 2nd or 3rd instance of the minion then the encounter chit would remain on the trail to pester the next hunter who comes along, or to provide a deterrent for the hunters in their routes as they pursue Dracula, or could go into the catacombs for a long-term annoyance WITH another encounter, etc.

I don't think the rules are clear on what the intent of the card is. Is it supposed to put the same encounter back in play, put an identical encounter chit back on to the location card, or simply an abstract battle that the hunter has to face where no encounter remains on the location card at all after the 1st instance of the minion is defeated? We've been playing it as the latter, however, I guess I like the former idea(s) but can't justify it exactly in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always interpreted it as "This guy is relentless! You thought you had defeated him but you didn't." Thus the first combat essentially didn't count, the same chit is still in play and you must fight it again. Only the final result of the second, or third, combat counts and determines what happens with the chit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.