Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Sleeping Gods» Forums » General

Subject: A chance for a French edition ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christophe Spada
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A French edition ou a French translator to translate the books

As "Near and Far" and "Above And Below" was never edited in french (or translated) I am wondering why Ryan games do not interest French editors
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Henry-Lucet
France
flag msg tools
Quote:
Nous sommes ravis de vous annoncer notre partenariat avec Red Raven Games pour la traduction et publication de leurs 2 titres Above and Below and Near and Far (ainsi que son extension). Une campagne de financement participatif dédiée sera lancée en septembre.
On vous en reparle bientôt !

https://www.facebook.com/LuckyDuckGames/posts/89916451711877...

Et si tu lis plus bas...

(We are pleased to announce our partnership with Red Raven Games for the translation and publication of their 2 titles Above and Below and Near and Far (as well as its extension). A dedicated crowdfunding campaign will be launched in September.
We'll talk to you about it soon!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Spada
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Damn !
If I would know that I'd have delyed my Above and Below, Near and Far an Ambers mines buys !

But for Sleeping Gods, nothing is confirmed.
As the KS is running now with tons of unlocked strech goals, here is a BIG dilemma !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan none
msg tools
Cool ..... un KS pour un jeu financé en KS + une traduction .....

Y a que moi qui ait l'impression que c'est une grosse arnaque où ça se passe comment ????

PS: me semble que tu peux trouver des trad sur le net.

Perso les jeux RRG sont tjs 20 a 30% plus cher à l'achat en France.

Donc le KS reste une très bonne affaire, niveau prix et bonus.


patmanreturns wrote:
Quote:
Nous sommes ravis de vous annoncer notre partenariat avec Red Raven Games pour la traduction et publication de leurs 2 titres Above and Below and Near and Far (ainsi que son extension). Une campagne de financement participatif dédiée sera lancée en septembre.
On vous en reparle bientôt !

https://www.facebook.com/LuckyDuckGames/posts/89916451711877...

Et si tu lis plus bas...

(We are pleased to announce our partnership with Red Raven Games for the translation and publication of their 2 titles Above and Below and Near and Far (as well as its extension). A dedicated crowdfunding campaign will be launched in September.
We'll talk to you about it soon!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glue crouik
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Moi j'y vois une chance pour les joueurs francophones de pouvoir accéder au jeu...

Les anglophones ou personnes qui trouvent que c'est une arnaque d'avoir des jeux de qualité édités en français peuvent s'abstenir.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Spada
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aezech wrote:

PS: me semble que tu peux trouver des trad sur le net.

J'avais réussi à me procurer les trad du livre des rencontres de Above and Below et de Near and Far oui. Mais depuis impossible de trouver pour l'extension Amber Mines, plus de nouvelle du membre BGG qui m'avait envoyé les pdf
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
XTof wrote:
A French edition ou a French translator to translate the books

As "Near and Far" and "Above And Below" was never edited in french (or translated) I am wondering why Ryan games do not interest French editors

A French translation of Sleeping Gods is very likely. We're in talks with a publisher right now.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Spada
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:

A French translation of Sleeping Gods is very likely. We're in talks with a publisher right now.

What a news !
Will the talks end in a positive way before the end of the ongoing KS campaign ? (I am a dreamer )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gaki
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same concern here (and hoping the translation includes expansion).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Spada
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The best option will be to pledge the current KS and be able to buy an "upgrade add-on" to the french publisher for the adventure book (and perhaps cards).
In any case the french version of Sleeping Gods will not come before 2021 if it comes
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
XTof wrote:
In any case the french version of Sleeping Gods will not come before 2021 if it comes
That's what I fear. Cruel dilemma.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
mechanicalfish wrote:

A French translation of Sleeping Gods is very likely. We're in talks with a publisher right now.

Are there also already plans for a German version? Like someone mentioned above: A kind of an upgrade kit including a translated adventure book would be nice. For me there is no problem having the cards in English. But I would really love to have a translated version for all the stories. Or even just a pdf file which you can buy and download for some bucks would be great!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan none
msg tools
Je trouve juste que la traduction devrait faire partie du jeu sans passer par un KS.

Jeu qui est plus cher à l'achat en France car passant par un éditeur tiers.

La logique étant, que si l'on paye plus cher (entre 30% et 50% du prix du jeu) Il est bien que la traduction soit prise en charge par l'éditeur tiers.

A t on besoin de faire des KS pour chaque choses qui est à traduire ? Livre, films, jeux et autre ?????
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
I would immediatly pledge for Sleeping Gods IF I was sure that it would provide a French version.
I know this game is text-heavy, but between France + Québec + other French-speaking countries, there is surely a big demand.
I did pledge recently for Tainted Grail and Ethereal Fields because it offered a French version right from the start.
Let's hope this window opens for SG...
Cheers!
Que les Dieux Endormis se réveillent pour nous, les Frenchies !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
In fact, I'm going to go for the dip-of-the-toe pledge (1$), and will go all-in if a French version is announced. Wishful?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gaki
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadoumBadoum wrote:
In fact, I'm going to go for the dip-of-the-toe pledge (1$), and will go all-in if a French version is announced. Wishful?
I might do the same hoping it's announced before the end of the pledge manager.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent M.
France
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd surely buy a (French) PDF version of the book.
I'm not waiting for 2021 for the game though whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gaki
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
French version will be a reality ...
https://www.cwowd.com/sleeping-gods-et-de-trois-laukat-pour-...
... but not in the current KS (Ryan, prove me wrong please !)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Spada
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Luigicube wrote:
I'd surely buy a (French) PDF version of the book.
I'm not waiting for 2021 for the game though whistle

But will they be available, that's the question...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent M.
France
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
XTof wrote:
Luigicube wrote:
I'd surely buy a (French) PDF version of the book.
I'm not waiting for 2021 for the game though whistle

But will they be available, that's the question...

I don't know if the editor will be allowed to sell the story book separately. I'd be happy to participate in a community-version translation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls