Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
1 Player Guild
badge
Breaker of Wallets
mbmbmbmbmb
The original maps and tracking sheet are excellent, although I often prefer larger fonts and custom layouts for my own printouts. I'm pleased to announce that my versions are now available in the files section! These include:

- Penciltown Tracking Sheet / A town tracking sheet with areas for one's reputation, round, economy, notes, and more.
- Penciltown Peaceful Meadow Map / An alternate version of the Peaceful Meadow map.
- Penciltown Secluded Glade Map / An alternate version of the Secluded Glen map.
- Penciltown Sundered Highland Map / An alternate version of the Sundered Highland map.

My goal was to create fairly compact files with larger fonts and icons, while still staying true to the main premise of the game. I hope these will prove to be a bit useful!

I'm always open to feedback or comments, so share away! I'm also hoping to finally finish my original play one of these days. It's been an excellent journey so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to my town. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Backhouse
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very, very belatedly...

These look absolutely wonderful! Thanks so much for putting them together! I'm going to use them for my next game. Having so much space for all the moving parts looks really comfortable.

If I can proffer a bit of feedback, I think the Field icon could be a little less bold. It's supposed to be the "default", fade-into-the-background terrain - it kinda stands out with the icon used. I suspect you get used to it pretty quickly, though :)

Excellent work :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
1 Player Guild
badge
Breaker of Wallets
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the kind words, Andrew! I have a few other ideas for possible changes in the future, like a log to record a short sentence for every town affair or world event. Then one would end up with a condensed narrative of the story!

I agree that the icons could be a little more faded: It's the field icon in particular that made me feel this way. More work ahead, though I'm sure it will be fun!

Thank you again for the wonderful game! My own play just hit round 50, and things are going well... For now. I expect disaster to strike in no time. And I'll blame it on the tubers. Ha ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Backhouse
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A log area of the playsheet is a lovely idea. I have a habit of doing that with a small notepad when I play RPG-ish games - just fleshing out the world a bit around whatever's going on mechanically. It's a great way to get invested. (Obsoleted a little by SGOYT threads, perhaps!)

Great minds, and all that. But they're great (and eminently usable) as they are :)

Only a pleasure! I will not forgive myself if I neglected to add some giant murderous tubers in the endgame... they'd make for such a great apotheosis for your town's arc :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls