a aa
msg tools
Please, help me find some home rules to WoW. Especially I would like to increase rewards for PvP and wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewforum...

Edit: More info, since you're a new user. Each game on the site has its own set of forums. One of these is called "Variants" and is a good place to look for the types of things you were asking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam baier
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
I've been thinking about the pvp problem, and I think it goes a little deeper than even I suspected at first. All of the war cards in the event deck merely require you to go to certain locations to claim the reward. Only the "Old Hatreds" cards actually require pvp battle. Obviously the game wasn't designed to encourage pvp, or really feature pvp in its gameplay. If it were then the war cards would specify pvp battles and make the rewards equally enticing. If the point of playing is to level up your character and get items and gold rewards for fighting then pvp must offer these same purposes in equal or greater measure or it will never be a mainstay in the game.

Since playing the most recent expansion, I wonder if pvp will ever take on a more significant role. The new dungeons are a great addition, but there seems to be even less encouragement or incorporation of pvp battles, and that might be a subtle way of making room for the upcoming ffg release, WOW: the adventure game.

Either way - if good pvp is what you're after then beef up the rewards (gold, item, xp) for the current war cards in the event deck and require a pvp battle (at that location or any other) instead of just being on the right spot. Whatever alterations you make to the pvp system, the rewards need to be better. At a minimum I would multiply rewards for wars and pvps by 2 or 3, and even then I don't think it's comparable to quests. XP, Gold, and Items could be progressively better for higher level characters or you could stack the event deck and make the most rewarding wars pop out near the end. For a true pvp experience you could create a campaign for pre-existent level 5 or 6 characters that excluded any cards from the event deck that weren't bonus cards or war cards, and disallow any quests - independent or otherwise. Simply end the game when one faction has won 5 pvp battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.