Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
any2cards
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted questions for D2e within the pre-thread for FFG's AMA with Andrew Navaro (6th post) ...

Here is a link:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/299118-ama-wi...

I suggest if you really are interested in hearing about FFG's future plans for D2e, we get as many forum users to post about this as possible ... and/or simply like my post ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Charbonneau
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I supported you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they will notice this and not dodge the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder: Don't just like him here, like his AMA post reply OVER THERE! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Leite
msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like D2e has some pretty serious pull in there. Along with terrinoth as a whole and IA. Hopefully we'll get an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. It will probably a PR answer like "with descent 2e nearing 10 years old, we'll continue to evaluate if it's viable to release more content."

And like other's have said, if it's dead then give us the tools to take the helm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good to see questions about Descent and IA are getting the most likes there..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Leite
msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like all the comments for IA in the AMA thread got answered. They just announced some new content for it.

Here's to hoping that some love will be thrown Descent's way. There's never been any indication that IA was to phase out D2e and they have co-existed for a few years now. I'm being optimistic when I say that the support for one equates to that of other.

But then again, I don't know true power of the force profitability of the Star Wars IP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
jubez187 wrote:
Looks like all the comments for IA in the AMA thread got answered. They just announced some new content for it.

Here's to hoping that some love will be thrown Descent's way. There's never been any indication that IA was to phase out D2e and they have co-existed for a few years now. I'm being optimistic when I say that the support for one equates to that of other.

But then again, I don't know true power of the force profitability of the Star Wars IP.

Nothing has changed for IA. They made clear that no new physical expansions are being developed and that hasn't changed. They've continued making app content as planned. The new playmat announced today is from their POD shop and is just a printout of the new Raid map released for the app. This isn't an indication that anything has changed - just business as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Leite
msg tools
mbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:

Nothing has changed for IA. They made clear that no new physical expansions are being developed and that hasn't changed. They've continued making app content as planned. The new playmat announced today is from their POD shop and is just a printout of the new Raid map released for the app. This isn't an indication that anything has changed - just business as usual.

Well as someone who cares 100x more about app content than physical expansions, it's still a good sign. I think actual physical expansions are just not realistic for either game. A vast majority of people are app players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
any2cards
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew's answers:

Will FFG ever produce the missing 12 Heroes from D1e for D2e? No

Will there be any further development for D2e (*** NOT *** for the app, but physical content)? No

Will there be a D3e? He was very excited about Descent/Terrinoth related project that is in development, and stated that it is the most ambitious project they have ever taken on.

Why is the D2e Quest Vault and its various issues, bugs, etc. completely ignored? It started as BETA about 5+ years ago, and continues in that state today. There would be far more community development for the game if the software simply worked. There is already an extensive bug report thread for the vault, so all it takes is someone at FFG to pay attention. If you don't want to maintain it anymore, would you be willing to provide access to the code, so that the community could host it and maintain it? This question was not addressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls