Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge:

You may assume your heroes are at max XP and with any legally possible item and skill combos. (No conflicting relics, things that aren't obtainable in the same campaign, no multiple heroes of the same class, etc.)

Also, NO STAMINA POTIONS.

You may assume perfect luck with rolls, perfect monster placement, etc.

No specific map, however. Just pretend it's a big open grid with whatever monsters you want wherever you want them.

Try to find the greatest number of spaces you could move a hero in a single turn.

(All of the movement should occur during *that* hero's turn.)

Note: A teleporting effect that does not have a specified distance limit (Translocation) is against the spirit of the exercise. So don't do that. But we will count spaces moved by the Knight's Oath of Honor, Astarra's hero ability, etc.

I'll leave this open until it seems to die off (a couple weeks, maybe?).

Multiple answers allowed! Don't be afraid to go ahead and post an idea even if you're pretty sure you can figure out a way to beat it.

Best/most impressive/longest distance answer will get 100 GG from me.

Also, feel free to reward eachother for cool moves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
Got to 86 MP my first try

High Mage Quellen as a Wildlander (fleet of foot) with workman's ring, ring of power, fists of iron, Treaty of Champions and Bonds of the Wild quest rewards, Bard, Apothecary, Shadow Walker as help and all of that with the dragon shrine secret room in play during hallowing fire quest

Heroic to give him 9 stamina
bard at the start of turn 1 MP
move with stamina and using workman's ring gives 24 MP
moving through shadow soul 1 MP
moving through waterspace and using Mabinogi Branch reward 6 MP
using a Friend in Need reward to recover to 2 stamina for 4 MP
double move action 8MP
discarding apothecary elixir to recover 2 stamina 4 MP
entering the secret room, killing off the last monster with a free action from fists of iron and getting a surge, completing the dragon shrine for additional 18 stamina and 36 MP
hallowing fire quest allows you to recover 1 stamina for 2 MP

PS. If we assume we're going to move back and forth through the shadow soul we could reach hundreds MP (or probably even some way to go infinite) but im too lazy to do calcualtions like that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatzelbelm
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give him 3 stamina potion search cards, each will refill his 9 stamina, netting him another 18 mp each thanks to fleet of foot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
rules said no stamina potions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatzelbelm
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badoomboom wrote:
rules said no stamina potions

Whoops, missed the bolded text in the rules. whistle

But how about this: Overlord plays Grease Trap (Basic II overlord card) on the hero at some point of his movement, moving him another 3 spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
Yep, that's another 3 spaces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M Cotton wrote:

No specific map, however. Just pretend it's a big open grid with whatever monsters you want wherever you want them.

Sorry. :/ Although taking advantage of the terrain, the quest, and the secret room takes a lot more thought, this rule limits you from that. Maybe we need a second category though, because it's super impressive.

Also, regarding moving back and forth over the Shadow Soul, let's say no to that because, like a Translocation, it seems against the spirit of the exercise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatzelbelm wrote:
But how about this: Overlord plays Grease Trap (Basic II overlord card) on the hero at some point of his movement, moving him another 3 spaces.
The OL using Grease Trap to help a hero is a great idea! Haha. Don't think I would have thought of that.

10GG for you, sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
well without a secret room that makes it 50 MP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's still going to be very hard to beat. Let us know if you find a way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
New solution and up to 64

Setup is Logan Lashley as Ravager Knight with Iron Claws, Star of Kellos, Workman's Ring, Treaty of Champions and Bonds of the Wild quest rewards, bard, apothecary and beastmaster as help

Bard start of turn 1 MP
Stamina move using ring, branch and friend in need 11 MP (leaving 1 stamina left)
Oath of Honor 7 MP (if anyone knows if u can move more than 7 spaces with OoH let me know), attack 1 MP HA
Advance 5 MP, attack 1 MP HA
Heroic 5 MP, attack with iron claws with apothecary green die bonus, beastmaster green die bonus, star of kellos green die bonus, bard 1 dmg bonus is total of 20 dmg, activate momentum 20 MP, 1 MP HA
Drink elixir, move action, spend rest of stamina 9 MP
Get grease trapped 3 MP (thx @Tatzelbelm for that one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!
I was curious to see what kind of damage numbers someone could hit with a Ravager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
Though Im pretty sure that u can tweak this number a little higher up, im confident that the solution has to include either wildlander or ravager
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding your Ravager, I believe the 3pt Ravager skill boosts his speed stat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
M Cotton wrote:
Regarding your Ravager, I believe the 3pt Ravager skill boosts his speed stat.

True, corrected, 64 is now the number to beat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badoomboom wrote:
Though Im pretty sure that u can tweak this number a little higher up, im confident that the solution has to include either wildlander or ravager

Here's a fun one that doesn't:

(I'll use almost the same assists that you came up with but with minor tweeks)

Tahlia (H&M Pack version) as Steelcaster Runemaster and with sufficient damage taken

Skills:
Iron Blooded
Iron Will
Exploding Rune

Equipment:
Ring of Power
Workman's Ring
The Shadow Rune

Teammates:
Soul Reaper (w/ Galvanize token ready)
Apothecary (w/ Elixer given but knocked out)
Watchman something

Note: With Iron Blooded, Iron Will, and Ring of Power, Tahlia has 7 stamina.

Fatigue move 7 toward Watchman.
Use token on Soul Reaper's Galvanize to recover 2 fatigue and 1 damage.
Watchman unity recovers 1 fatigue.
Watchman uses Trailblazer to give 1 movement.
Drink Elixer to recover 2 fatigue and damage.
Watchman's Unity recovers another fatique.
Fatigue move 6 to knocked out Apothecary but in line of sight of Watchman.
Use Friend in Need to revive Apothecary for two more fatigue recovered.
Watchman's Unity recovers another fatigue.
Fatigue move 2.
Use Workman's Ring + Mabinogi Branch to move 6.
Use last fatigue for Exploding Rune to blast attack a group of 8 monsters arranged like
XXX
XXX
X_X.
All monsters killed and Tahlia's Heroic Ability grants 16 MP.
Also, The Shadow rune recovers all fatigue.
Fatigue move 6 and perform another blast attack on similarly arranged group of 8 monsters for 16 MP and full fatigue recovery.
Fatigue move 7.
OL plays grease trap for 3 more movement.

Total movement: 70.

(I promise I had not thought of this until this evening.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I've dived into my own contest and fudged it, let me modify the prize idea a bit.

COLLABORATION IS ENCOURAGED.

I will divvy up gold and try to reward any significant contribution as well as I can think to. If you see someone's thing and know a way they could have pushed it up a couple points, Please say so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
How could I forget bout muh lade Tahlia.... already have a new solution, just need to add numbers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badoomboom wrote:
How could I forget bout muh lade Tahlia.... already have a new solution, just need to add numbers...
The issue with this Tahlia build is I couldn't find any way to give an extra action. I thought Berserker at first with an Obsidian axe, but crossing into Mage seemed to definitely give more kills (I was careful about the official rulings on attacks that Target multiple enemies and then more after, so Dawnblade doesn't work :'( )
So the blast seems to work way better than a Whirlwind. The added stamina was a big bonus I didn't even plan for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
1st idea didnt work out, but I found multiple ways to give her additional attack actions so lets try that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb
New solution and up to 93 which is higher than my 1st illegal solution

Setup is Tahlia Knight with Mace of Kellos, Ring of Power, Workman's Ring, Treaty of Champions and Bonds of the Wild quest rewards, watchman, apothecary and soul reaper as help

Tahlia starts at 1 HP, all monsters in this setup are at 1 HP and one of the monster groups are gonna be fire imps

MMMMMM
MHM---2M
MMMMMM

----MMMMMM
3--HNM----OM
----MMMMMM

Attack action with Mace of Kellos at position H, rolls surge, kill 8 monsters with 1 dmg grants 16 MP, use Advance 3 MP to position 2, kill all monsters again with Mace of Kellos surge 14 MP
Stamina move 4 MP with Workman's Ring 3 MP, discard token from Galvanize 2 MP which grants Unity 1 MP, Mabinogi Branch 3 MP total 14 MP (ends in position 3)
Oath of Honor 4MP (to position N, adjacent to hero in position H) kill 7 more monsters with Mace of Kellos surge 14 MP, unfortunate death to Fire Imp Combustible ability which activates Knight's stalwart (moves to position O)3 MP kills 7 more monsters with Mace of Kellos surge 14 MP, Soul Reaper's Spirit Link saves me from death
Moves with stamina 3 MP, friend in need to revive a dead apothecary just casually lying around here with unity 3 MP, drink apothecary pot with unity 3 MP.... and.... grease trapped 3 MP

PS. calculating one more solution with tahlia... might end up better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatzelbelm
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand the ability correctly, the "Holy Champion" ability of the Avenger class could net you more or less unlimited movement points under the rules of this contest, if it got lots and lots of tokens from the other players before the Avenger takes his turn.

So, guessing that one's off limits as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatzelbelm
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is by far not going to take the high score, but I think it's interesting.

This one assumes there are search tokens on the map. I'm assuming 5 (which is feasible, and more are unnecessary), of which 4 have picked up previously.

Orkell the Swift as Raider/Treasure Hunter

Divide the Spoils, Close the Gap Survey, Ring of Power provide +1 Speed, +3 Stamina for 6 speed and 8 stamina.
Weapons: Teleportation Rune, Fists of Iron
Other Items: Workman's ring
Support heroes: Watchman, Soul Reaper, Apothecary

Start of Turn: Quick Recover from Watchman -> 1 space, 8 stamina left

Watchman Trailblazer -> 2 spaces, 8 stamina left
Use Workman's ring thrice -> 5 spaces, 8 stamina left
Stamina move for 7 -> 12 spaces, 1 stamina left
Use Dungeoneer (0 Stamina left) to get 8th search token, regain 2 Stamina from Divide the Spoils and Lure of Fortune. Also Recover 1 hitpoint from Lure of Fortune, triggering the Watchman's Unity to recover 1 more stamina.
Activate Gold Rush to move 5 -> 17 spaces, 3 stamina
Use free attack from Dungeoneer with Teleportation Rune to kill an Overlord Servant. Use surges to teleport 2 spaces and regain 1 stamina -> 19 spaces, 4 stamina
Overlord plays Possessive, and performs an attack with Orkell on himself, netting 2+ surge, teleporting 2 spaces and regaining 1 stamina. I think Orkell's hero ability triggers (not sure), for another 1 mp -> 22 spaces, 5 stamina
Use Close the Gap (4 stamina left), equip Fists of Iron, move 6 and attack with Fists of Iron. Regain 1 stamina. -> 28 spaces, 6 stamina
Use free Fists of Iron attack, regain 1 stamina -> 28 spaces, 7 stamina
Use stamina to move 7. Die through overlord trap cards. Use Orkell's heroic feat to stand back up and regain 2 stamina, plus 1 stamina from Watchman's unity. -> 35 spaces, 3 stamina
-- End of first action --
Use Galvanize Token for 2 stamina, hitpoints and 1 more stamina from unity -> 35 spaces, 6 stamina
Use stamina to move -> 41 spaces, 0 stamina
Drink elixir with unity bonus -> 51 spaes, 3 stamina
Use Friend in Need to stand up a fallen comrade, with unity -> 51 spaces 6 stamina
Mabinogi Branch for 3 spaces -> 54 spaces, 6 stamina
Regular move action -> 60 spaces, 6 stamina
Spend stamina -> 66 spaces, 0 stamina
Get grease trapped for 3 spaces -> 69 spaces, 0 stamina

End of Turn: Overlord plays Exploit Weakness, attacks Orkell, hero ability triggers for 1 last movement -> 70 spaces

70 spaces, that's better than expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konko wwa
msg tools
mbmb

The crazy solution and up to 98 (edit up to 100)

Setup is Tahlia Avenger Apothecary with any weapon with blast,Ring of Power, Workman's Ring, Treaty of Champions and Bonds of the Wild quest rewards, watchman with a bone wand, soul reaper and Nanok of the blade
Description of the image above:
All the hex tokens are monsters, scourge is ... scourge, raven flock is raven flock with haunted steps played on him, Red objective token is tahlia, white is Nanok, blue is soul reaper, watchman is close to the action... well... watching.

Stamina move 3 MP, Workman's ring 3 MP, Mabinogi Branch 3 MP, Galvanize token with Unity 3 MP (2 stamina left)
From R1 position Tahlia uses bottled courage (2 stamina) to blast 7 monsters (hex tokens) to get 14 MP, but fails to kill scourge (recover 1 stamina)
Nanok of the Blade heroic feat activates, performs attack to kill the scourge
Overlord plays Possesive dealing 2 dmg to Nanok and allowing him to perform an attack as if he were a monster.
Nanok attacks and kills soul reaper, 1 MP from the bone wand
As he is considered a monster during this attack death from above actiavtes for Tahlia (1 stamina), she teleports to R2 position blasts Nanok and all monsters adjacent to him for 14 MP, 1 MP from the bone wand (1 stamina recovered from surge)
Tahlia starts moving into the corner with raven flock following her with haunting steps.
on the last tile after raven flock moved, she activates heroic, blasts all the monsters for 14 MP (1 stamina recovered from surge)
After running around a map a little bit she finds 2 more monster groups ready to be blasted for 16 MP each with 2 normal attack actions (2 more stamina recovered)
Stamina move 4 MP, revive soul reaper with friend in need 2 MP + 1 MP unity, drink pot 1 MP from unity, grease trap 3 MP

Edit : with a quick recover and traiblazer from watchman up to 100 MP
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatzelbelm
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just discovered the Crusader class is an excellent support for this challenge and will perform better than Apothecary or Soul Reaper in many cases.

Zealous Aura: Exhaust this card at the start of your turn. While this card is exhausted, each time a hero within 3 spaces defeats a monster, that hero recovers 2 Heart.

Stack this with Watchman Unity, and monster killing gives you back lots of fatigue

The crusader also has:
Righteous: Each time a hero defeats 1 or more monsters, that hero recovers 1 Fatigue.

But this doesn't scale as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |