Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brainstorming...

It seems to me that the first expansion should be an expansion for the Powers That Be. It's just not as much fun to have a team of heroes vs. a team of Freedom Patrol and Liberty Bots. The Powers That Be need leaders with powers so that they're more fun to play. Maybe not even super-powers. They could be normal humans but still have "skills" that translate to game-powers.

Of course, capturing the Powers That Be might ruin the whole premise of the Wyrd City universe. So perhaps 8 new characters, all members of the Powers That Be with different powers. In that sense, a scenario that defeats one or three of them doesn't mess with the whole premise. The expansion would have the new characters, a new scenario book, and a new map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL OCONNOR
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
Brainstorming...

It seems to me that the first expansion should be an expansion for the Powers That Be. It's just not as much fun to have a team of heroes vs. a team of Freedom Patrol and Liberty Bots. The Powers That Be need leaders with powers so that they're more fun to play. Maybe not even super-powers. They could be normal humans but still have "skills" that translate to game-powers.

Of course, capturing the Powers That Be might ruin the whole premise of the Wyrd City universe. So perhaps 8 new characters, all members of the Powers That Be with different powers. In that sense, a scenario that defeats one or three of them doesn't mess with the whole premise. The expansion would have the new characters, a new scenario book, and a new map.

Seems to me the first expansion should be getting the game in print and in the retail channel so people can actually buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goldenboat wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Brainstorming...

Seems to me the first expansion should be getting the game in print and in the retail channel so people can actually buy it.

Yes, I do believe thay are missing a great opportunity by under production. There is enough demand to warrant increased production, at least it seems so. It is a good game and would do very well on a larger scale.

And then.... after meeting demand, by all means send on an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL OCONNOR
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwquinn wrote:
goldenboat wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Brainstorming...

Yes, I do believe thay are missing a great opportunity by under production. There is enough demand to warrant increased production, at least it seems so. It is a good game and would do very well on a larger scale.

And then.... after meeting demand, by all means send on an expansion.

Amen. And I'm sorry for hijacking the thread. I'm sure this game would benefit from an expansion. It is just frustrating being unable to secure a copy of the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very glad I lucked out and got the game last winter. We love it.

As to the expansion idea, I do think a scenario booklet, maybe arranged in the form of a campaign, would be good, with the results of one scenario effecting in some way the next.

I think that might work well with someting like Flying Arrow suggested in his "Powers That Be" Brainstorming session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwquinn wrote:
As to the expansion idea, I do think a scenario booklet, maybe arranged in the form of a campaign, would be good, with the results of one scenario effecting in some way the next.

That's what I'm hoping for, too, along with some additional heroes. But maybe I'm just being greedy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

this was my first thought when i saw the thread title. it is extremely frustrating to have a game getting good reviews, and then be unable to get a copy of it. and no news whatsoever on their website. BS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yegods wrote:
Quote:

this was my first thought when i saw the thread title. it is extremely frustrating to have a game getting good reviews, and then be unable to get a copy of it. and no news whatsoever on their website. BS.

Apparently, they have no official website. House of Nine, what we (I) thought was the official website, is a fan site. It's a fan site that has the designer's blessing, though (e.g. it houses an official FAQ). It also gets its hands on copies of the game at times, but it's not run by the designer or the publisher. This information was recently relayed in a different thread.

If there is a Wyrd House website out there, I don't know of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I see the box for Marvel Heroes at my house I think, "Why, oh why did I buy that before Capes & Cowls?" It seemed to be available until I bought MH...

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL OCONNOR
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impr3ssion wrote:
Every time I see the box for Marvel Heroes at my house I think, "Why, oh why did I buy that before Capes & Cowls?" It seemed to be available until I bought MH...

soblue

Wow, that makes it doubly painful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.