Stu Glennie
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
badge
How Wrin Bu Lai, Whai Wrin Bu Jwo!
mbmbmb
We played this for the first time last night and the following question came up:

Just what exactly is an "intersection"?

The dictionary defines an intersection thusly: a place where two or more roads meet.

So, are ALL the dark squares considered intersections OR do you not count the ones in the corners since that can be considered as one street?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

(one edit for poor spelling)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played it yet, but looking at the English rules and the game board, I'm guessing it's any of the dark gray squares. Otherwise, when a customer gets to a corner, they won't be able to change direction (which is only done at intersections).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Glennie
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
badge
How Wrin Bu Lai, Whai Wrin Bu Jwo!
mbmbmb
That is exactly what I thought as well, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
So you're saying theoretically, a customer at the corner can either a) turn the corner and head down the next street, or b) turn around and head back the way they came? I thought u-turns were prohibited?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas_de_Monet wrote:
So, are ALL the dark squares considered intersections OR do you not count the ones in the corners since that can be considered as one street?
So the corners are the intersection of one horizontal street and one vertical street. This is an intersection where there is only one way to turn, since U-turns are specifically prohibited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.