Subject: SHUX'19 - October 4th-6th 2019 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SHUX Show
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Created and hosted by Shut Up & Sit Down, SHUX is now Canada's largest and most welcoming board game convention!

The show returns to the Vancouver Convention Centre on Friday October 4th to Sunday October 6th, 2019 with: live stage shows, panels and podcasts; incredible special guests including Isaac Childres and Matt Leacock; world-exclusive game releases; megagames; social games; a massive game library; over 2,000 seats of open gaming, and plenty more!

80%+ sold out, tickets are still available here: https://shux.show

We've just posted a GeekList to help arrange games and RPGs.

Current library list live on BGG, but there's lots of titles still to be added before the show!

Our impressive roster of special guests.

And lots more details in a recent post from SU&SD.

The SHUX'19 Math Trade is live!

Feel free to talk about the show on this thread too. We're so excited to see you in October!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hooker
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
80%+ sold out?! surprise

Endgame is arriving sooner than expected!
I haven't finished my turn yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
Never been to this convention. What separates it from the others (not Gencon or Essen)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bret johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
100% The people and vibe. Sooooo friendly and accepting! Smaller (actually just the right size at ~1750?) and more intimate too obviously. Plus AMAZING venue and host city. Finally, neither good nor bad distinction here, but it’s more earnestly focused on games on my opinion, meaning less cosplay and ‘game adjacent’ culture?

More than any other con it’s about connecting with gamers to celebrate games and the joy of getting them to the table together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bret johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Note on that front:

My group ended up with 2 extra tickets we can’t refund at this point...

If anyone has a lead on someone who waited to buy you’d do a us a huge favor by buying ours! It’s SUPER easy to transfer them for pickup at the Con so it’s functionally the same and I’ll be at the Con to take payment or can use Venmo etc!

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bret johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Should note that if you have someone in mind who you really wish was going but who just can’t quite afford the full price, I’m flexible. Would obviously prefer to recoup some of the the cash but will gladly consider board games in trade or great craft coffee beans etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's an icon
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up. I got a notice that the hotel I booked will be closed.
After doing some digging I found out that there is a hotel workers strike taking place.

Picket lines go up at three downtown Vancouver hotels—Hyatt Regency, Pinnacle Vancouver, and Westin Bayshore
by Charlie Smith on September 19th, 2019 at 12:50 PM

https://www.straight.com/news/1304531/picket-lines-go-three-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls