Hide
3 Posts

Babel» Forums » General

Subject: We found the rule book a bit hard to follow... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Obadiah Kubisch
msg tools
We've enjoyed playing Babel, but found it took us a long, long time to grasp the rules. They just didn't seem to be as well explained in the rule book as they could have been. It felt like the rules explained "how" things work, before explaining why. So it explained a move before really stating its significance & why you would want to make it at all. It is one of the few games where we had to read the rules alone individually, twice, spend an evening going through the rule book together, then do a sample game, before we even really got started playing. Just our two cents worth...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a similar experience, I had to read the rules aloud a few times while trying to play a sample round by myself. My nine year old thought it was extremely amusing. I would suggest downloading UniversalHead's reference aid for future plays (see Files section). He's excellent at distilling info into a well ordered and cleanly designed format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raab
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Yeah my friend and I tried to learn this one at 2am one night. BAD IDEA!!!

Unfortunately we haven't played it since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.