Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cliff Homewood
United Kingdom
Southend on sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been a while ago now that we had our first try of this game, but know we did have a question that we needed sorting out before we'd play again, cos we wasn't sure what we were meant to be doing.

The question, if i remember rightly, is when you pick to attack someone with a negotiate card and they then play an attack back as is to be expected, you still get the compensation. Looked through the rulebook and the answer seems to be yes. But I remember when playing we felt the rulebook contradicted what was written on the negotiate card, but I can't see that now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed you playing Negotiation (previously called Compromise) and them playing Attack is the only situation where you get Compensation / Consolation.

If you both play Negotiation, you negotiate!

(Unless the fearful headache I have this morning is playing tricks with my comprehension / recall.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting you, but the way you phrased your question ("and they then play an attack back as is to be expected") gives the appearance that you're having the offensive player pick and play his card, then letting the defensive player pick and play his. If so, this is not correct. Both players choose their cards in secret, place them face down, and then reveal them simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.