Jon Freeman
msg tools
Is there a guide for players to know which quest would be more advantageous to them? I kinda feel that the quest books don't really give enough GOOD information for players to feel like they're making an informed decision, let alone a thematic decision.

I mean, look at the Heirs of Blood campaign booklet for the mission descriptions of Sky Tower vs Rellegar's Rest - there's basically zero information regarding how the missions will affect the story ahead of time. 8\

So yeah, back to point A

Is there a guide compiled that can shed light on this process?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme Groom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not aware of any guide which assesses the value of a particular quest within a campaign.

The Quest Stats section of d2etracker gives some stats for how often the heroes or the overlord wins each quest, which can be useful for choosing which one you want to attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Freeman
msg tools
yeah, currently working on a project - and this aspect was noticed about the quest guide (at least with heirs of blood, been a while since I looked at the others, so not sure there ...).

Also kinda noticed that there isn't a whole lot of continuity between each mission. ^^; kinda feels a little like "cool stuff happens"

... I guess if I make a guide to explain the strategy for selecting missions, may's well add in enough story to explain why the heroes may abandon the wounded clergy in the introduction mission to go chase down a pyromaniac in some abandoned ruins ... and why they'd go from there to take down a mad Baron ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls