Subject: Teleport Rune broken? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Idleman
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
We recently played our first game as a group and thought the Teleport Rune was a bit broken. (7 gold, activate and take one exhaustion and roll Spirit (15) or better to teleport to any space on the board. If you fail, you still get to roll movement dice and move normally.)

Especially during the end game process, it's very difficult to catch someone with the ability to blip around the board with hardly any effort. We've been contemplating a house rule where you can attempt to teleport *or* move normally.

Has anyone else found this card a bit broken?

Thanks,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Teleport Rune broken?
arete66 (#42135),

To balance the game some of the items need to be removed from the deck, the teleport rune being one of them. White Blade also comes to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
arete66 (#42135),
I have seen a character with a magic roll of +7 with the teleport hit every red square left in 3 consecutive turn. It should have some awful "teleportation accident" side-effect if the person rolls a 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
BeatPosse (#42165),

White Blade is not necessarily too powerful. I would think Touch of death is worse, since it is guaranteed damage.

I think Mirror of Shael is really really imbalanced, especially for PvP, especially for something that only costs 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bissette
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dracil (#42190),
ToD however will eventually have a downtime period. Either you spend a turn returning to a city to recover from the exhaustion (though perhaps also spending money to buy a new item or ally as well), or you reduce movement. Not much of a penalty though, unless you are blasting Runelords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
If you have 4 health and 4 fatigue (as some characters do), and you get Touch of Death, you can just walk up to Margath and kill him. THAT makes for an exciting conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bissette
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
UhhhClem (#43423),
Yeah, I noticed that the first time ToD appeared in my first game (as I'd seen Margath's life when flipping through the cards earlier).

Advanced Rules somewhat fix that scenario, as you no longer can intentionally take fatigue that wounds you. So no one can actually one-hit kill Margath, though they still can take half his life.

And when thus toned down by the fatigue limit, there are other cards which can be just as effective once you are dealing with a creature that will survive until the first round of combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.