Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard D
Canada
Bonnyville
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many other new A.S.L.'ers it seems, I too am struggling to decipher the rule book. I personally do not find that the rules in the Starter Kit are very clearly written; they are confusing to say the least. However, I do know that there's a great game in there (somewhere!) so in will persist in muddling through them. Anyway . . . enough gripping for the moment

Here's my question; I can't find anything about this in the rules (or maybe I'm just blind?):

What happens to a squad that fails a Morale Check due to Defensive Fire during its movement? Does it remain in the hex where it failed the Morale Check until the Rout Phase?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide for me.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Failed Morale Check
krimsonstarr (#42176),

Richard, yes, it's a bit of a puzzle pieceing it all together.

I think the answer to your question is the unit has to remain where it broke (along with a residual firepower counter). Only non-broken units that didn't prep fire can move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krimsonstarr (#42176),
I believe you lose any moving or moving the open penalties but are otherwise stuck until the route phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here we go... in section 3.31 of the SK

A unit broken or pinned by Defensive First Fire can be fired upon again in its current location by other Defensive First Fire attacks but is attacked in its broken or pinned state. A moving unit subject to FFNAM or FFMO that breaks is still subject to those DRM in that location for subsequent attacks until its MPh ends. A unit that is pinned is not subject to any further FFNAM or FFMO while pinned; however if Subsequent First Fire or other Defensive First Fire vs. the pinned unit breaks that unit, it loses that pinned status and is again subject to FFNAM or FFMO DRMs (if previously applicable) for further Defensive First Fire attacks against it during that MPh (keeping in mind that its MPh ends as soon as another unit moves). A unit using Assault Movement which breaks is no longer considered using Assault Movement and is subject to the -1 FFNAM DRM for the remainder of its MPh.

*gasp* ok, what that means now in english is that a moving unit that breaks still gets the 'FF' minuses for moving until he stops getting shot at. Pinned guys do not.

Here you get the wierd situation that a squad could lose the minuses, and then get them back.

You can also have a situation where some of the moving units get those minuses and some do not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.