Subject: Vote for Who Won the fictional Sports Team Draft! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a blast now it's time to find out who is the winner of the draft!

Poll
Who Won the Fictional Sports Team Draft?
Josh (Durham Bulls, Mighty Ducks, Sandlot, Toon Squad)
Dan (Rockford Peaches, Charlestown Chiefs, Griffindor Quiddich, Hurl Scouts (Whipit) )
Justin (Bad News Bears, Flint Tropics, Miami Sharks, District 12)
Kirkman (Cleve Indians (Major League) , Avg. Joe's, Ghost Team (Field of Dreams), Shake and Bake)
      47 answers
Poll created by GeekJock
Closes: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:00 am

Remember Thumb this post or the poll to be entered to win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Striker J
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Gave my vote to Mr. Mills because how can you go against the Durham Bulls and the Sandlot? However, I might have gone with Kirkman if the Globetrotter pick would have been allowed to stand. Am I being truthful or am I stirring the pot? devil

My ranking goes: Josh, Chris, Abstain, Abstain.

Another great episode. I'd love to sit down and have a beer and watch a game with all 4 of you guys, someday. Only wish I lived closer to NC than I do.

-SJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Maybe your army comes and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to vote for Josh. It was going to be Kirkman all the way, as I thought the Cleveland Indians (Major League) was clearly the #1 choice , but the Ghost Team (Field of Dreams) shouldn't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Matics

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mills wins this one by a good margin. I'd have to say Justin is a solid 2nd. Kirkman is 3rd. I'm not sure if the Ghost Team should've been allowed, but the Globetrotters are definitely nonfictional. And, I have Dan bringing up the rear. I liked the first two picks, but then it went off the rails.

I'm surprised nobody went with the "Mean Machine" from the Longest Yard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can't wait to listen, but draft wise it came down ti kirman and mills.

Dan patriss-ed himself with the hurlers or whoever the hell they are... though I love the Gryffindor pick. Jacob was solid but I actively dislike the bad news bears.

Fictional Cleveland Indians is my favorite fictional sports team and I love Avg Joes BUT racing is meh and I am out on Field of Dreams.

On the strength of the flying V and Bugs Bunny (and Bill Murray) my vote goes to Mills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious, why do you dislike the Bad News Bears?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bass
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Kirkman doesn't mind a sympathy vote, because I am throwing one out there for him since he got robbed in this draft. I don't remember hearing a mention of what the boys were drinking this episode, but Dan needs to cut down on whatever he was having if it makes him think the Globetrotters are a real sports team. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
can't wait to listen, but draft wise it came down ti kirman and mills.

Dan patriss-ed himself with the hurlers or whoever the hell they are... though I love the Gryffindor pick. Jacob was solid but I actively dislike the bad news bears.

Fictional Cleveland Indians is my favorite fictional sports team and I love Avg Joes BUT racing is meh and I am out on Field of Dreams.

On the strength of the flying V and Bugs Bunny (and Bill Murray) my vote goes to Mills.

The Hurl Scouts Riddle... It's from Whip It, a movie about Roller Derby. It's got a great cast and some heart to it. I think you would dig it tbh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Handler
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...since listening to the draft I’m curious if the Jamaican Bobsled team from Cool Runnings would have been allowed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda funny, my family asked me the same question. I would think it's a true story so might have to be out. But Im open for discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Jones
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my take on the Globetrotter debate:

Dan's ruling was correct. The Globetrotters are absolutely a real team. At one point in history, they were arguably the best basketball team in the world. Today they are still a real team, albeit one playing mostly (but not completely) fake games. Somewhat akin to a WWE tag team: real team, fake sport.

As it is my vote is for Josh.

Here's my top four of those unmentioned:

1. Cobra Kai
2. Chicago Cubs from Rookie of the Year
3. Hackensack Bulls from Brewster's Millions
4. ProStars - this one might get thrown out since it was based on real people (Jordan, Gretzky, Bo), and also because it stretches the definition of a sports team. It was sports stars on a fictional superhero team. A short lived cartoon, but one I remember fondly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Matics

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for The Cobra Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brewsters Millions also on my list. Good pick there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekJock wrote:
Kinda funny, my family asked me the same question. I would think it's a true story so might have to be out. But Im open for discussion.

I disqualified it from my list based on the definition of Miracle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting how the tables might have turned if the Globetrotters pick wouldn’t have been disallowed. But I’m good with Mills winning as long as I beat Dan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
GeekJock wrote:

I disqualified it from my list based on the definition of Miracle.

I'll buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were the Hickory Huskers not considered? They were my first thought about fictional teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls