Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin Ng
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can we discuss what my role is?
or mention what choices of roles the player next to me has?
(that means, can i say: i gave a magician and a king to my next player to choose)

i haven't play the game yet
but just wonder to know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Can we discuss what role we are?
I guess you could announce what role you chose, and what roles you passed on, but it seems to me that it would go against the whole "bluffing" mechanism of the game.

If you were playing poker, you could easily say "Oh, I have two Jacks and an Ace." You might be telling the truth, you might not. (I'm pretty sure they frown about this kind of out-loud bluffing in poker..) The same could go for announcing the roles you choose in Citadels.

Overall, I think it's better just to keep quiet about what role you choose and what you pass on to the next player.. In the end, you would only be (possibly) providing more information to the other players, and thereby probably just hurting yourself. But if everyone in your group agrees on it, you can play however you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ngedwin (#42189),
I agree with the previous poster that discussing which roles you passed on will be against the spirit of the game, which is trying to outbluff/outguess the other players.

You got yourself a great game, enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ngedwin (#42189),

I believe it is a mistake to allow discussion of what a person's role is. This is because the information you reveal can be used to a third party's detriment. Let's say Joe is the clear leader in the game. If all of us other than Joe reveal our roles, the Assassin or the Thief can figure out which role to target in order to stop Joe.

This would eliminate one of the challenges of the game, which is trying to guess which role Joe has selected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.