Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'd had "Nixon's Pledge" played on me earlier in the turn and then decided to use "Whistlestop" for its event. We decided that my opponent did get a momentum marker, but that seems a little bit strange to me.

Did we play this correctly?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little odd, yes, but correct. Since it was the Event that was triggered, with Nixon's Pledge in play, the Kennedy player gets 1 momentum marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A little odd, yes, but correct. Since it was the Event that was triggered, with Nixon's Pledge in play, the Kennedy player gets 1 momentum marker.

Kevin's got this right.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
jerkules wrote:

???

Is the card in the game different from the card in the SAMPLE TURN in the rules?

Sample Turn Card...
" For the remainder of the turn, the NIXON player must expend 1 MOM marker in order to play a card on anything other than a Campaigning action."

Where in this quote does it say that Kennedy GAINS a momemtum marker?

The Sample Turn goes on to other phases and announces that due to Nixon's play of a card, Kennedy GAINS a momentum marker due to NIXON'S PLEDGE being in play.

Do I need new glasses or did I miss some errata??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Leonhard
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
The Sample Turn goes on to other phases and announces that due to Nixon's play of a card, Kennedy GAINS a momentum marker due to NIXON'S PLEDGE being in play.

Do I need new glasses or did I miss some errata??

The card illustration in the sample turn is incorrect. The text in the sample turn matches the text on the actual card and is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.