Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the game should finish with seven palaced built withing 10 turns most of the time, but by following the rules it is possible to have more than 10 turns in the game. If the players collectively select the governor track seven times in a turn then it is possible to move down each governor in turn, starting with the lowest governor. (Two empty spaces will bubble up through the governor track as this happens.) The end result is that two more turns are added to the possible game length. This can be repeated as many times as necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re:Extending the Game Beyond 10 Turns
mlvanbie (#42306),

yes, it can... but why?
Besides, if I know that all my opponents are doing so, I'll choose a different action (thus gaining one action); since everyone will think in this way, no one will waste actions to "extend the game lenght".
More important: the game is usually over in 8-9 turns, so extra turns are simply not needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Extending the Game Beyond 10 Turns
Luke the Flaming (#42338),

I agree that this is a quite silly; I was really just pointing out a consequence of the rules. OTOH, if you try to play for best score after 7 rounds....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.