Popular Tags: [View All]
David Fuga
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
While playing the game with 3 players we all played the card which represents the don't care vote, When building over a toilet( so we had 3 don't care's) We played that if this happens then the tile is played is this correct?

Also we played the rule that you can place a tile over the corner starting buildings where the pawns (gang figures) started is this correct?

Ps. don't fold board the wrong way as it splits in two (DOH)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian Wolf
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think you're right about the voting thing. The rules state that if positive and negative votes are tied, the building is laid out. Now if you are really picky you could argue that the don't care vote is neither, therefore the rule does not apply to said situation. Given this there would be no rule for the situation, the game would be broken as is your board! Nah! It makes perfect sense to play it the way you did, we've always done it that way. The game is biased towards building over not building.

The way I understand your second question, I think it is not correct. Every tile except for the one space ones has a symbol on one side (boat for rivers, soldier for walls, horse carriage for road). That symbol has to connect to the pawn. What I am trying to say is if you wanna lay out a three space road, the horse's ass has to point towards the pawn. Therefore a three space tile has to lead three spaces into one direction as seen from the pawn, not say one space east and then two spaces north.

It is tough to put this in words, so I hope I could help.

PS. don't feed pawn to guinea pig as it will die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fuga
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think you might of misunderstood my second question, hopefully this makes more sense:
The board has 4 corner squares, during the game the gang figures move around the board as tiles are played, can a tile be played on the board so that it covers the corner square, hence (then the gang figure would move to the end of the tile which is the corner.)The four corner buildings have no number on them.
ps. Don't eat chocolate ice cream near rules as it always seems to find it's way on to them. (the immovable smudge)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian Wolf
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
sorry, did misunderstand ya. Fortunately the chocolate stain on my rules are at another place. It says here that the you cannot place the tiles over the 4 corner buildungs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure its specified in the rules.

If tied, and at least 1 No, then you can't build.
If tied, and no objections, then you can build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmm...
we have played that when ties the player chooses to build or not.

I read somewhere that once the player has seen the intentions could decided for leaving the tile or taking it, adding more strategy to the game...

happy games
fer
sk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian Wolf
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
jttm wrote:
I'm pretty sure its specified in the rules.

If tied, and at least 1 No, then you can't build.
If tied, and no objections, then you can build.

That's what I was trying to say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Baylis
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote from Mayfair rules booklet.
Outhouses: 4) "If all votes are question marks, the tile is placed" The continued text about number of Yes's and No's is really in the wrong place as if ALL cards are question marks there will be no Yes's or No's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.