Subject: Win definition variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read most if not all the threads on the issues with the win conditions and the high likelihood of a broken escape hatch. I have this and I intend to play with 8. This is my thought on how I would define the rules for winning.

Starting humans: win if they escape
Starting aliens: win if at least two humans don't escape
Infected human, i.e, non-starting alien: win if they personally kill a human

This seems like a good way to minimize the number of situations where a person is still playing well after it is foregone conclusion whether they have won.

If anyone has thoughts about other ways to address the above problem (especially at lower player counts), I'd be curious to hear them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Harvey
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Let's go exploring!
mbmbmbmbmb
Vetinari wrote:
I've read most if not all the threads on the issues with the win conditions and the high likelihood of a broken escape hatch. I have this and I intend to play with 8. This is my thought on how I would define the rules for winning.

Starting humans: win if they escape
Starting aliens: win if at least two humans don't escape
Infected human, i.e, non-starting alien: win if they personally kill a human

This seems like a good way to minimize the number of situations where a person is still playing well after it is foregone conclusion whether they have won.

If anyone has thoughts about other ways to address the above problem (especially at lower player counts), I'd be curious to hear them.
If an infected human kills a human midway through the game, do they still continue? If yes, can they win MORE than others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve definitely thought about tweaking the alien rules further. One idea was that if any alien has more than one kill, then the aliens with zero personal kills at the end lose. This creates some tension among the aliens and strong incentives for most of the aliens to pursue the final human no matter what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Harvey
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Let's go exploring!
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Would certainly be interested to try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stratos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game lacks a well thought winning condition..but your proposition imo is one of the best ways to solve the problem. Its simple and it doesnt distract everyone from the core of this game which is the theme and the anxiety it provides.goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls