Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Wagner
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I read in the rules that if on your turn you start off with two locomotive and one rolling stock dice that you can include extra rolling stock dice on your train beyond what the city card calls for so you have more dice on your bonus 2nd attempt at a remaining city card.

Outside of this situation, are we allowed to pad the train with unnecessary rolling stock dice because on rerolls you are not getting rolling stock that is shown on the city card you are going for?

So, if a city card shows one yellow car and one blue car, can I begin with one locomotive die and one green die? And if so, can I keep going as long as I keep adding a rolling stock die until finally getting a yellow and a blue die and then the caboose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! You can always add dice that you don’t necessarily need, in order to keep from busting.

And as you said, they can also help give you more dice to roll if you get the double locomotive bonus.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wagner
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks man! Can I refer to this as an 18xx game so I can tell people I understand how to play an 18xx game? LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls