Recommend
30 
 Thumb up
 Hide
688 Posts
[1]  Prev «  13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17  Next »  [28] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Minneapolis/Saint Paul Gamers? Encore! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geegs
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Beware the Phog
badge
Why do we fall sir?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mankato is close enough I felt this might be relevant. Someone in the boardgamesales subreddit posted that they bought the "Game Night Wolfpack" at the Mankato Sam's Club clearanced for $5. That includes One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Werewords, and Ultimate Werewolf.

According to the thread people were also seeing copies of Codenames, Codenames Pictures, and Exit titles for clearance. Check your local Sam's Club, not sure how widespread the sales are.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trinity Augesen
United States
Hastings
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Join us Friday evening at Level Up Games - Hastings for the weekly Friday Night Board Game Tournament. This week will feature Smash Up!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2330560730587530/?active_tab...

Reminder that Thursday is open game night at Level Up Games - Hastings from 5 pm to 10 pm.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Taugesen wrote:
Join us Friday evening at Level Up Games - Hastings for the weekly Friday Night Board Game Tournament. This week will feature Smash Up!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2330560730587530/?active_tab...

Reminder that Thursday is open game night at Level Up Games - Hastings from 5 pm to 10 pm.

Base game only? Or some combination of the countably infinite number of expansions also?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the Careers for Girls tournament?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not thinking big enough...

Snifty Snakes



Seriously would pay money just to watch that tournament.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

How about a Feeley Meeley tournament?

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:

How about a Feeley Meeley tournament?


They should’ve made a Dune-licensed version of that.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine multiple 4player games of Chopstick Dexterity MegaChallenge 3000...

I would totally pay the entrance fee just to watch.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim

Minnesota
msg tools
Are there any gaming groups in the northwest suburbs? I'm in Maple Grove, but I haven't found anything yet here. I'd be willing to go as far as FFGC or Source, but my search engine powers are failing me and I can't really find good sources of information for groups that meet there either.

Thanks!
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kible014 wrote:
Are there any gaming groups in the northwest suburbs? I'm in Maple Grove, but I haven't found anything yet here. I'd be willing to go as far as FFGC or Source, but my search engine powers are failing me and I can't really find good sources of information for groups that meet there either.

Thanks!

Closest I think would be some of the Robinsdale/Golden Valley groups that appear on Meetup.com. Otherwise Lodestone is likely your best option for game store and what they might currently have for game nights.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kible014 wrote:
Are there any gaming groups in the northwest suburbs? I'm in Maple Grove, but I haven't found anything yet here. I'd be willing to go as far as FFGC or Source, but my search engine powers are failing me and I can't really find good sources of information for groups that meet there either.

Thanks!

Here is another place to start.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/199117/twins-cities-event...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:

How about a Feeley Meeley tournament?


NSFW language

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolf
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kible014 wrote:
Are there any gaming groups in the northwest suburbs? I'm in Maple Grove, but I haven't found anything yet here. I'd be willing to go as far as FFGC or Source, but my search engine powers are failing me and I can't really find good sources of information for groups that meet there either.

Thanks!

There is a good sized group of us that meet on Wednesday's at FFGC. We tend to start up around 4:30 and usually go until they close. I just started attending myself about 6 months ago. Everyone's pretty friendly and inviting to new people showing up.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Made it out to Level Up Minneapolis (old Mead Hall) last night. Wasn't aware they are mostly below street level. Had never been previously so don't know how much the renovations changed things. Decent selection for the amount of space, though not able to accommodate many gamers. Was able to pickup the new Adventure Games line from Kosmos. Stopped at Nicollet Diner after for a burger and malt; ran into Greg that deals at Running Aces and used to see at LU SSP.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jabooty3 wrote:
Made it out to Level Up Minneapolis (old Mead Hall) last night. Wasn't aware they are mostly below street level. Had never been previously so don't know how much the renovations changed things. Decent selection for the amount of space; though not able to accommodate many gamers. Was able to pickup the new Adventure Games line from Kosmos. Stopped at Nicollet Diner after for a burger and malt, ran into Greg that deals at Running Aces and used to see at LU SSP.

The Adventure games are pretty fun. If you like Exit, and Unlock, or even TIME Stories to some extent, you'll enjoy them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kible014 wrote:
Are there any gaming groups in the northwest suburbs? I'm in Maple Grove, but I haven't found anything yet here. I'd be willing to go as far as FFGC or Source, but my search engine powers are failing me and I can't really find good sources of information for groups that meet there either.

Thanks!

If you haven't found us already, check out United Geeks of Gaming on MeetUp. We meet the first and third Saturday of the month, at FFGC or the Waterbury Buildind in North Mpls (usually ... check meet-up for location on any given Saturday).

Our group falls on the heavier, euro-ier side of the hobby, but we play a lot of stuff. Come by and join us some Saturday, and see if the group is for you.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
neuhausr wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

3) Saint Paul on Snelling, next to Home Video (and across from the Cheapo). There's now a Buffalo Wild Wings and a tanning salon there.
Hmm, don't remember a Source there. That location was *also* a Cheapo for a long time (Cheapo/Applause had stores on both sides of Snelling!). IIRC there was a used book store in that strip for a while too.

IIRC, it was on the far south end where the tanning shop is now.

It used to be Cheapo on the left, then Home Video, then a different tanning place, then the Source.

Home Video closed after a fire.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
jabooty3 wrote:
Made it out to Level Up Minneapolis (old Mead Hall) last night. Wasn't aware they are mostly below street level. Had never been previously so don't know how much the renovations changed things. Decent selection for the amount of space; though not able to accommodate many gamers. Was able to pickup the new Adventure Games line from Kosmos. Stopped at Nicollet Diner after for a burger and malt, ran into Greg that deals at Running Aces and used to see at LU SSP.

The Adventure games are pretty fun. If you like Exit, and Unlock, or even TIME Stories to some extent, you'll enjoy them.

We have really enjoyed both Unlock! and Exit lines. Have only had the opportunity to play the first scenario for T.I.M.E Stories and liked it well enough. Looking forward to the mystery/narrative experience without feeling constrained by the timer; should be easier to engage more nongamers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jabooty3 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
jabooty3 wrote:
Made it out to Level Up Minneapolis (old Mead Hall) last night. Wasn't aware they are mostly below street level. Had never been previously so don't know how much the renovations changed things. Decent selection for the amount of space; though not able to accommodate many gamers. Was able to pickup the new Adventure Games line from Kosmos. Stopped at Nicollet Diner after for a burger and malt, ran into Greg that deals at Running Aces and used to see at LU SSP.

The Adventure games are pretty fun. If you like Exit, and Unlock, or even TIME Stories to some extent, you'll enjoy them.

We have really enjoyed both Unlock! and Exit lines. Have only had the opportunity to play the first scenario for T.I.M.E Stories and liked it well enough. Looking forward to the mystery/narrative experience without feeling constrained by the timer; should be easier to engage more nongamers.

Oh yeah. You DEFINITELY won't feel constrained. It's super leisurely, which I think is a nice change of pace (even though I very much enjoy the time constraints too).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sobhi Youssef
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
RIP to the father of 18xx

https://www.railsonboards.com/2019/10/24/18xx-legend-francis...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jabooty3 wrote:
Made it out to Level Up Minneapolis (old Mead Hall) last night. Wasn't aware they are mostly below street level. Had never been previously so don't know how much the renovations changed things. Decent selection for the amount of space, though not able to accommodate many gamers. Was able to pickup the new Adventure Games line from Kosmos. Stopped at Nicollet Diner after for a burger and malt; ran into Greg that deals at Running Aces and used to see at LU SSP.

It's definitely more space than they had before actually. And once they finish the coffee shop (one of the board game walls is actually a false wall that will open up additional space) it will be filled with more tables and space.

I'm very pleased with the updates and can't wait to have a group there eventually. Biggest issue is parking really.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Rensch
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
I am the one people warn you about.
badge
Lord of Dorkness
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That feeling when you get hooked to a new game and look for the promos. Only to find them and buy them. Then find out the GeekStore sells them for considerably less. Yeah, that's me today.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shouit wrote:
That feeling when you get hooked to a new game and look for the promos. Only to find them and buy them. Then find out the GeekStore sells them for considerably less. Yeah, that's me today.

Which promos?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:

It's definitely more space than they had before actually. And once they finish the coffee shop (one of the board game walls is actually a false wall that will open up additional space) it will be filled with more tables and space.

Are you sure it's a Spyhouse? That would be unfortunate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
johnmaddening wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

It's definitely more space than they had before actually. And once they finish the coffee shop (one of the board game walls is actually a false wall that will open up additional space) it will be filled with more tables and space.

Are you sure it's a Spyhouse? That would be unfortunate.
The coffee shop in the Hastings Level Up is called Geek Grind, and they use Bootstrap coffee.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17  Next »  [28] |