chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
It's time once again for a...

FRIDAY FUNDAY QUESTION

I am most certainly a targeted collector. My collection has held steady at around 110 games (not expansions or promos) for a few years now. Counting expansions and promos my Collection is 358 and my previously owned is 332.

Aside from a couple of recent purchases/trades (last couple of months) I have at least 5 plays of everything, almost everything has been played in the last year, and my h-index is 18.

If I didn't have a family there are about 20 games I would get rid of. But aside from those I would happily play any game I have at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sobhi Youssef
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yes, I have so many family games I would unload, but the wife and kids want to keep them... probably more for sentimentality and future toddlers to play. I'm ok with it... those are mostly low value anyway

Jason - have you tried Tank Duel: Enemy in the Crosshairs yet? I hear it's kind of a new Up Front but with tanks. I also haven't played up front, but would try it out someday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cooke
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MetalChef wrote:
I am going to be out tonight at the Goat in Eagan. Anyone up for:

Upfront(I can teach)
Combat Commander:Europe(again...I can teach it)
Rising Sun
Time of Crisis w/Expansion
C&C: Napoleonics

I’d play Rising Sun, assuming we can get to a reasonable player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molly Somogyi
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
MUCH PLAY
mbmbmbmbmb
For tonight, I still want to play my copies of Paladins of the West Kingdom and/or (probably or) Reavers of Midgard, if anyone wants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mollysomogyi wrote:
For tonight, I still want to play my copies of Paladins of the West Kingdom and/or (probably or) Reavers of Midgard, if anyone wants
I am up for playing Paladins. I will be there at about 6:15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsoby1 wrote:
yes, I have so many family games I would unload, but the wife and kids want to keep them... probably more for sentimentality and future toddlers to play. I'm ok with it... those are mostly low value anyway :)

Jason - have you tried Tank Duel: Enemy in the Crosshairs yet? I hear it's kind of a new Up Front but with tanks. I also haven't played up front, but would try it out someday!
I have not played it yet and I really want to try it. The reviews across the boards give it high marks.

I will bring Rising Sun tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsoby1 wrote:
yes, I have so many family games I would unload, but the wife and kids want to keep them... probably more for sentimentality and future toddlers to play. I'm ok with it... those are mostly low value anyway

I’m interested in it and would play someone else’s if they wanted, but not enough money to get it anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jabooty3 wrote:
Matt Boehland wrote:
For this coming Monday (the 11th), I'll be at Gaming Goat Eagan for the usual get together.

I won't be able to make it there until close to 6pm, but I'll be bringing the new edition of Catan: Starfarers. Got me and I think one other person so far, got room for one or two more.
Ooh! This may lure me out.
Shannon and I are coming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Price
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Another Board Game Meetup at The Gaming Goat in the book!

Glad to see everyone now that I'm back from vacation!

Here's a list of everything that got played:

Silver and Gold
Lords of Vegas
Ghost Stories
Roam
Catan: Starfarers
Run, Fight or Die
Rising Sun (This game looks so cool on the table!)
Outer Rim
Paladins of the West Kingdom

Not as many small games this week but quite a few heavy hitters hit the table!

Sounds like we locked in The Gaming Goat in Eagan as the location for the Monday Night Meetup through the end of November! Looking forward to seeing everyone again next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI for those former SSP Level Up crew... looks like Dreamers is taking over the old space. Don't know details, but there was a sign on the bathroom door of the SLP location yesterday that they were looking for staff/management and specifically called out that it was located in the "old Level Up" space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How was Catan: Starfarers? were you fans of Starfarers of Catan?

I'm very interested in getting it but it is looking a bit overpriced right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
FYI for those former SSP Level Up crew... looks like Dreamers is taking over the old space. Don't know details, but there was a sign on the bathroom door of the SLP location yesterday that they were looking for staff/management and specifically called out that it was located in the "old Level Up" space.
I'm interested if the group is going to return to the space. I appreciate that Gaming Goat and other locations have been welcoming but I'd love to retain our presence in SSP. Hopefully the wandering has been enough to establish new groups at the other spots and offer even more opportunities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
How was Catan: Starfarers? were you fans of Starfarers of Catan?

I'm very interested in getting it but it is looking a bit overpriced right now.
We used most of the recommended rules to get going a bit quicker. Some of the changes have made the game "kinder" at the beginning and a bit faster; which isn't a bad thing. The nonlinear development is what I like most as opposed to regular Catan; it doesn't feel like as much of a grind. No reason you couldn't play a bit closer to the old rule set. Modularity of the board will allow more replay value and easier integration of 5-6 player content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer McNitt
United States
South Saint Paul
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jabooty3 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
I'm interested if the group is going to return to the space. I appreciate that Gaming Goat and other locations have been welcoming but I'd love to retain our presence in SSP. Hopefully the wandering has been enough to establish new groups at the other spots and offer even more opportunities.
It currently looks like they are just taking over the one storefront so the separate gaming room will no longer be a thing, but I do hope there will be room for us to go back to SSP (or at least add it to the rotation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a work schedule change and have tomorrow evening, Wednesday available if anyone wants to game in Eagan starting at 7pm (at Gaming Goat, which is open until 10pm or Skol games, which is open until midnight).

I still have the same availability on Friday.

My most recent post in TCAT has my current list o’ game ideas, so won’t repost the list here, but as always could be up for other games too.

Anyone interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
I just had a work schedule change and have tomorrow evening, Wednesday available if anyone wants to game in Eagan starting at 7pm (at Gaming Goat, which is open until 10pm or Skol games, which is open until midnight).

My most recent post in TCAT has my current list o’ game ideas, so won’t repost the list here, but as always could be up for other games too.

Anyone interested?
I am interested from 7-10.

As always, I am up for Combat Commamder(any version), Upfront, Arkham Horror 3rd, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MetalChef wrote:
Matt Boehland wrote:

Anyone interested?

As always, I am up for Combat Commamder(any version), Upfront, Arkham Horror 3rd, etc.
For Wednesday? Sounds good. Whatever game you’re most in the mood for works for me. Also, Gaming Goat or Skol?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
MetalChef wrote:
Matt Boehland wrote:

Anyone interested?

For Wednesday? Sounds good. Whatever game you’re most in the mood for works for me. Also, Gaming Goat or Skol?
Actually, going to have to be for Friday. I forgot I have to work till 8 tommorow.
I am thinking Combat commander(any version).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Commander on Friday works. Gaming Goat Eagan? (Don’t know if one store is more likely to have free tables than the other, though it’s not too far from one to the other if need be).

If anyone else wants to meet tomorrow (Wednesday), I’m still available, though I’d need to know before I leave for work tomorrow at about 10:30am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molly Somogyi
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
MUCH PLAY
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:

Anyone interested?
I may be available. Can't go past 10PM (adulting and all that). Still want to try Reavers of Midgard, and I recently got the expansion to Plague, Inc that I'd like to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mollysomogyi wrote:
Matt Boehland wrote:

Anyone interested?
I may be available. Can't go past 10PM (adulting and all that). Still want to try Reavers of Midgard, and I recently got the expansion to Plague, Inc that I'd like to try.
Either sound good. Let me know when you find out for certain if you’re available, and If you so, where you’d prefer to meet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
Combat Commander on Friday works. Gaming Goat Eagan? (Don’t know if one store is more likely to have free tables than the other, though it’s not too far from one to the other if need be).

If anyone else wants to meet tomorrow (Wednesday), I’m still available, though I’d need to know before I leave for work tomorrow at about 10:30am.
We can do the goat in Eagan at 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molly Somogyi
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
MUCH PLAY
mbmbmbmbmb
MetalChef wrote:
Matt Boehland wrote:

I'm good with that. I may even be a little earlier depending on work situations. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow, but I don't see any reason I can't come. The Goat is only a mile from my house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mollysomogyi wrote:
MetalChef wrote:
Matt Boehland wrote:

I'm good with that. I may even be a little earlier depending on work situations. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow, but I don't see any reason I can't come. The Goat is only a mile from my house.
I’ll most likely be leaving Southdale mall around 6:15, so I’m unlikely to arrive at Gaming Goat Eagan much earlier than 6:45 (just said 7 in case there’s traffic).

I’m unlikely to have a chance to read/watch the rules to either of those games tonight, so I’ll need to be taught.

Edit: Looks like my messages with Molly and Jason are getting mixed together. For clarity:

Wednesday: 7:00 at Gaming Goat Eagan with Molly for her midgard and plague games.

Friday: 7:00 at Gaming Goat Eagan with Jason for Combat Commander (whichever I happen to bring)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to get a group going for gaming at FFG on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays starting at 10am ish. Looking to play mostly Euros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27  Next »  [37] |