Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:
I am looking to get a group going for gaming at FFG on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays starting at 10am ish. Looking to play mostly Euros.
I admit I was really tempted to post:

I am looking to get a group going for gaming at FFG on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays starting at 10am ish. Looking to play mostly Ameritrash.

But my schedule is too erratic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:
I am looking to get a group going for gaming at FFG on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays starting at 10am ish. Looking to play mostly Euros.
There's already a group that plays euros at FFG on the 1st Saturday, starting around 10ish. Pretty open group, tends toward the heavier side of Euros. I try to make it whenever I can. They also play on the 3rd saturday, but the location is usually different. Waterbury Park I think?

I'm sure someone on here can chime in with more info. Anyway, come join in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kamarainen wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:
There's already a group that plays euros at FFG on the 1st Saturday, starting around 10ish. Pretty open group, tends toward the heavier side of Euros. I try to make it whenever I can. They also play on the 3rd saturday, but the location is usually different. Waterbury Park I think?

I do believe that's the United Geeks of Gaming, of whom Diane Mountford is a member.

Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Clank! fanMicrobadge: Minnesota Vikings fanMicrobadge: Paladins of the West Kingdom fan : Saracen OutsiderMicrobadge: Meeplien-"I Believe"
swirlsaepi wrote:
kamarainen wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:

I do believe that's the United Geeks of Gaming, of whom Diane Mountford is a member.

Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw a bunch of them there a couple of Saturdays ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
kamarainen wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:

Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I am. This coming Saturday we will be at the Event Horizon space (Geek Partnership Society) in the Waterbury Building (basically at Central and Broadway in NE). All the info can be found on MeetUp by searching for United Geeks of Gaming. The group is definitely on the heavier side of gaming, and on the Euro-y side. The group is open to all.

Our next time at FFGC will be on Dec. 7. We're there all day, 10 to closing.

Give a shout if you have questions, or are wondering about specific games you're interested in playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geegs
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Beware the Phog
badge
Why do we fall sir?
Microbadge: University of KansasMicrobadge: Denver Broncos fanMicrobadge: Our Hero; The Valiant Spaceman SpiffMicrobadge: Through the Ages - Albert EinsteinMicrobadge: I speak Minnesota
DMountford wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:
kamarainen wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:

Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I am. This coming Saturday we will be at the Event Horizon space (Geek Partnership Society) in the Waterbury Building (basically at Central and Broadway in NE). All the info can be found on MeetUp by searching for United Geeks of Gaming. The group is definitely on the heavier side of gaming, and on the Euro-y side. The group is open to all.

Our next time at FFGC will be on Dec. 7. We're there all day, 10 to closing.

Give a shout if you have questions, or are wondering about specific games you're interested in playing.
Got examples of these heavy euro-y games that have been played recently?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geegs wrote:
Got examples of these heavy euro-y games that have been played recently?
At some point during the day, there's usually a train game. One of our number is currently hot on Barrage, so that will probably get to the table. I got to play On Mars last time, and will be hoping for another game of that this Saturday. Personally, I'll be bringing Trickerion and Feudum, in case anyone wants to play those. Also, I always have Brass:Birmingham with me. Other recent things I've played (or have seen played) at game day: Concordia, Ora et Labora, The Great Zimbabwe, Gaia Project, Die Macher, The Estates, Bruges ... and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who didn't see, Chad Jensen (known in the BGG realm for designing Combat Commander, Fighting Formations, and Dominant Species) has passed away. Here is the thread:

Chad Jensen, Wargame Designer, passed away today, November 14th 2019.

I only met him at a convention, but I had a strong impression of him having a very positive personality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any interested in playing Marvel Legendary (Maybe a few games of it) next week?

If I find out by tomorrow (Friday) late morning/early afternoon, I could be available any of these times next week:

Monday: Anytime before 7pm
Wednesday, Thursday: Anytime

I just sorted out the cards for the newest expansion for the game, and realized I haven’t even played it since about 4 expansions ago... and organizing it got me in the mood for it again.

However, I have to decide which days to work in the warehouse tomorrow afternoon, and I’m likely to work those days if I don’t have anything planned (and at that point could still meet after 7pm on Wednesday and Thursday)... But I’d like to take a day off and relax playing Legendary if I can find someone interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sobhi Youssef
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
anyone been much into lacerda's games? I finally played escape plan and thought it was awful... was real hesitant to play another one... but super glad I did. Lisboa has been a blast. I picked up gallerist as well and will probably grab on mars.

has anyone played on mars? thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sobhi Youssef
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
For those who didn't see, Chad Jensen (known in the BGG realm for designing Combat Commander, Fighting Formations, and Dominant Species) has passed away. Here is the thread:

I only met him at a convention, but I had a strong impression of him having a very positive personality.

This is so sad... this dude brought so much joy into people's lives. So young too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Phillipps
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
You remind me of the babe
badge
Allons-y
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsoby1 wrote:
anyone been much into lacerda's games? I finally played escape plan and thought it was awful... was real hesitant to play another one... but super glad I did. Lisboa has been a blast. I picked up gallerist as well and will probably grab on mars.

I like Lacerda's games. Didn't like Escape Plan on the first play, but after a couple more plays it's good. Kanban: Driver's Edition and Lisboa are probably my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsoby1 wrote:

I like Escape Plan but its my 2nd least favorite Lacerda game. CO2 is my least, though I haven't played the newest edition.
Vinhos and Lisboa are my favorites. Gallerist is pretty good too. I haven't played Kanban yet, and I'm still waiting for On Mars. It looks like the KS copies won't be delivered until Jan. I'm hoping to get a chance to play On Mars at Pax Unplugged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hajny
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
--- Light Grey Art Lab --- Gallery - Minneapolis, MN http://lightgreyartlab.com
badge
Skulls 'N' Slime
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsoby1 wrote:

I've not played On Mars, but I've backed it and I've never met a Lacerda game I don't like. I actually do like Escape Plan a lot, but I don't really have a ranking, apart from Gallerist being my favorite. As an artist and gallery owner I feel like that's probably due in huge part to theme.

We once played the Gallerist with everyone at the gallery. Our gallery manager, Jenny, was doing really poorly, struggling to make any money and we were all laughing it up at her expense, cracking jokes about her being terrible at managing a gallery. When it came to final scoring though, she was the only one with a perfect set of art on the walls and tons of bonuses, where the rest of us had liquidated everything.

Jenny won by a hefty margin, and that shut us up good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsoby1 wrote:

Love Lacerda titles, but they aren't all for everyone. Haven't had the chance to play On Mars yet.

At this year's Austin Con I played all six of his previous games over approximately 32 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:

Very sad. He also did the strangely-against-type-yet-still-enjoyable (both for him and GMT) Welcome to Centerville.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's time for a...

FRIDAY FUNDAY QUESTION!!!

What games do you use to lure newbies into your panel van the hobby?

We have used a number of games for this in the past. Lots of Ticket to Ride and Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dominion. Recent favorites for this have also been Deception: Murder in Hong Kong and of course, my wife's favorite, Time's Up!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
It's time for a...

We have used a number of games for this in the past. Lots of Ticket to Ride and Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dominion. Recent favorites for this have also been Deception: Murder in Hong Kong and of course, my wife's favorite, Time's Up!.

Codenames works wells as an intro because players can join and quit without really affecting the rest of the game too much.

Shadows over Camelot has been a bigger success than I thought. Initial impression was people would be put off by all of the minis and different areas, but theme and cooperative game play have been a solid combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
It's time for a...

For Sale, High Society, and Parade are pretty much always in my trunk "just in case". They go over well at family/friend gatherings with non-gamers.

If I have people actually interested in playing a board game (as opposed to people who are just hanging out), I'd probably go with Sagrada or Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodama or something like that. Or 1889: History of Shikoku Railways, because it's a lightweight, straightforward train game without a lot of the cruel tricks available in other train games. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
It's time for a...

My game group at work grew out of introducing a couple of co-workers to Carcassonne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsoby1 wrote:

I got to play On Mars a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Maybe not quite as much as The Gallerist, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yellow Shoes
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
It's time for a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jabooty3 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
It's time for a...

Codenames works wells as an intro because players can join and quit without really affecting the rest of the game too much.

Shadows over Camelot has been a bigger success than I thought. Initial impression was people would be put off by all of the minis and different areas, but theme and cooperative game play have been a solid combination.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Codenames. We lean heavily on that one too! And Decrypto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DMountford wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
It's time for a...

My game group at work grew out of introducing a couple of co-workers to Carcassonne.
Stay tuned... this will be important for next week's question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
DMountford wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
It's time for a...

Stay tuned... this will be important for next week's question!
Sneak Preview:
What games do you use to gatekeep "undesireables" from joining your game group?

Munchkin, Monopoly, ... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  24 , 25 , 26 , 27 , 28  Next »  [52] |