Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
The previous thread

started: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:53 pm

ended: Thu Oct 3, 2019 10:56 pm

---------------

I think we can do better than 10 years this time. If we all just put in a little more effort we can do this all over again sooner than later.
It isn't often that a thread starts with the premise of having it closed by an Admin faster than a preceding thread, but here we are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akado wrote:
DiploGuy wrote:
The previous thread

---------------

I think we can do better than 10 years this time. If we all just put in a little more effort we can do this all over again sooner than later.
It isn't often that a thread starts with the premise of having it closed by an Admin faster than a preceding thread, but here we are!
Gotta have goals. Or in this case an end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm as surprised as anyone that Octavian came in early to close the old thread, but I was coming to say something just like what Diane said: Chad's goodnight to my goodnight to Kenny's original post seems just about right.

And thanks for the final stats, James!
I'm happy that I contributed almost 1% to such a great endeavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
justplainchips wrote:
I'm as surprised as anyone that Octavian came in early to close the old thread, but I was coming to say something just like what Diane said: Chad's goodnight to my goodnight to Kenny's original post seems just about right.

And thanks for the final stats, James!
I'm happy that I contributed almost 1% to such a great endeavor.
We will always have our good nights to look back on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Since the demise of the Level Up Games store in South St. Paul,
our regular Monday night group have been rotating locations; so far it has been Dreamer's Vault on Hiawatha and the Gaming Goat - Eagan. This Monday (10-07-19) we will be at the Eagan G.G. again.
Monday October 14 & 21 we could still game there or look for another place.
John, the manager at the Eagan Gaming Goat, will be on vacation the following two weeks (Oct. 28 & Nov. 4).
Still open to suggestions for gaming locations.

I have been chronicling our situation here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/33081250#33081250

MeetUp information can be found here:

https://www.meetup.com/twincitiesboardgames/events/qblkjryzn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay King
United States
South St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, you guys had all that fun without me.. had to find out second hand that we'd moved to a different thread. Guess Ill just have to stick around until the next count down! :-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really disappointed that the other thread didn't keep going past 1000 cause I was so ready with this...

--------------

Who can post the final contribution stats of the previous thread here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

Who can post the final contribution stats of the previous thread here?
James Ludlow did on page 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
The previous thread

---------------

9 days. Let's shoot for 9 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
The worst part of the new thread...
That I have to now search for this thread near the top of my subscriptions instead of reliably being able to scroll to the bottom of the list. (For when I want to post here and it's not in my unread list.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
That I have to now search for this thread near the top of my subscriptions instead of reliably being able to scroll to the bottom of the list. (For when I want to post here and it's not in my unread list.)
They now have a quickbar. If you click the 3 lines next to the orange Ernie next to BGG at the top of the page the quickbar will appear. Then just click the plus. It will save were you are at but you can at least get to the thread fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as people are reminiscing about their first post in the original thread...

Mine was the first post on page 349 - a surprise reaction that a game store had beer on tap. It was my 14th post to a "Site" forum; although I had been quite active in "Board Game" forums.
It was 3.5 months after I officially registered with BGG.
Reading page 348, I vaguely remember it, so I must have lurked for a while.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Gosh I wish the UI to browse your contributions were better. Having to click through each and every page takes too long, especially when you have 82 pages to click through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:
ampoliros wrote:
They now have a quickbar. If you click the 3 lines next to the orange Ernie next to BGG at the top of the page the quickbar will appear. Then just click the plus. It will save were you are at but you can at least get to the thread fast.
Oh, I have been using the quickbar from the beginning. (Although I've only known about the other 9 pages of it for about a year.) I guess I never thought to put this thread in the quickbar, since it was easily found in the "Manage Subscriptions" page.

---
Edit - first die roll in the thread: First! 1000d2 = (2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + + more...) = 1537
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1517864. ampoliros
  • 1000d2 =
  • (2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + + more...) =
  • First!
  • Sat Oct 5, 2019 3:28 pm
Bryan Mosher
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Did someone say stats?

Total posts: 24947
Total unique users: 605
-------------------------------------------------------
102: firstbass

It took me 102 posts to realize that no one wants to play Age of Steam with me.

Um, anyone wanna play Age of Steam with me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:
ampoliros wrote:
Oh, I have been using the quickbar from the beginning. (Although I've only known about the other 9 pages of it for about a year.) I guess I never thought to put this thread in the quickbar, since it was easily found in the "Manage Subscriptions" page.

---
Edit - first die roll in the thread: ampoliros previously rolled 1000d2 = (2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + + more...) = 1537 (First!)
Right, the quick bar has been around for years but many people didn't seem to know about it until the recent update. I'll admit I didn't start using it for my most used threads and geeklist until a couple years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firstbass wrote:
jdludlow wrote:
Did someone say stats?

Train games? Sign me up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
I'm really disappointed that the other thread didn't keep going past 1000 cause I was so ready with this...

Oh man, that's awesome! I consider it a perfect beginning image for this thread too. Strap in, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey H
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firstbass wrote:
jdludlow wrote:
Did someone say stats?

I would gladly show for a planned Age of Steam game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:
ampoliros wrote:
I didn’t think of the quickbar. My trick for years is:

When I go to the subscriptions page and MPLS/STPAUL and TCAT are a ways down the page, hit unsubscribe and then immediately resubscribe, so they stay at the top of the first page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schleicher
United States
GOLDEN VALLEY
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firstbass wrote:
jdludlow wrote:
Did someone say stats?

I would love to play again (just looked, and it appears it was 10 years ago I last played), but my availability right now is pretty limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put up a Geeklist auction for local pickup that ends on October 16th. I won't respond to auction questions here, please use the Geeklist comments. Thanks!

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/262567/twin-cities-octobe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Akado wrote:
NiXXeD wrote:
So aside from The End is Nigh, how about some game night planning?

So Mystical Games & Collectibles (mysticalgc.com) opened recently. Anyone interested in doing a game night there? It's kind of on the way home from work for me. I haven't otherwise checked it out though but from the pics, it looks nice (those padded chairs!).
From what I hear it has a decent playing area, roughly 60-70% of what Lodestone has (and they have a good amount of tables). I don't remember their hours, are they open past 10?
Unfortunately, they are only open to 9 (?) most nights. 10 on Saturday. That's probably prohibitive, but they're new so perhaps it could change if there was a reason to be open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to ask if anyone in the Monday night gaming crowd would want to meet at a location that'll have the Twins ALDS game playing. But goodness I don't think it's going to be something enjoyable to watch now... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came back to 271 notifications (hadn't posted much before that either) and missed out on the last 10ish pages in the old thread. Also the next three pages of the new thread. Not a good showing from the #4 volume poster...

Here's to many more happy gaming sessions and post whoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For tomorrow (Monday) night at Gaming Goat Eagan, anyone want to meet from 4-7pm for Arkham Horror 3rd edition w/ the new expansion, Elder Sign, or Combat Commander?

(Meeting Jen, Gary, and a friend of Jen’s at 7pm for other gaming)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [32] |