wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

So I recently reacquired descent 2nd edition with some expansions (Lair of the Wyrm, Shadows of Nerekhall and Labyrinth of Ruin since those appear to allow you to play all of the current campaigns on the app) as well as the Lieutenant packs for those expansions so I can use the miniatures rather than a token. I also picked up several of the hero and monster collections packs and the recently released lost legends. To start the tutorial quests should I have my whole collection listed on the app or just the base set? I assume with the more things you have the more potential variety and replay value there is correct?

I may pick up the rest if I enjoy as it sounds like it would add some extra content to the Delve game on the app and have more side quests and characters to play with.

I also picked up the 3 print on demand cooperative modules--are people still playing them or have they pretty much been replaced by the app?

All insights are welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
The app rules the roost these days. However, if you want to play all of the physical campaigns in co-op I suggest checking out RAOV (RedJak's Automated Overlord Variant). It is a fan-made deck of cards that automates everything the overlord does, and enables you to play every campaign in co-op.

Also the PoD co-op campaigns are still fun, even if they have been basically supplanted by the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
percepter wrote:
The app rules the roost these days. However, if you want to play all of the physical campaigns in co-op I suggest checking out RAOV (RedJak's Automated Overlord Variant). It is a fan-made deck of cards that automates everything the overlord does, and enables you to play every campaign in co-op.

Also the PoD co-op campaigns are still fun, even if they have been basically supplanted by the app.

Thanks for the reply and the thoughts.

For using the app do you recommend just starting with everything I have added in?

I was aware of RAOV and was curious as to how easy it is to use. Also, I see that the base game now comes with the heirs of blood campaign instead of the shadowrune campaign that used to come with it-since the variant is older does it still allow you to play the newer heirs of blood campaign? Also, is there a still an up to date link for professionally printed cards?

I do like the idea of being able to play the content that comes with the game for the original overlord version too so RAOV is of some interest.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Yes. Include everything in the app. You will have more variety of monsters and side quests between main missions. The lieutenants don’t really do anything except add a peril that can summon them.

RAOV and RAMV still have a link for professional cards within one of the threads. Just do a search. Also, RAMV has a website which you can find by searching the forums.

I also recommend the newly released Road to Peril Co-op variant which works with both a custom campaign called Sands of the Past and Heirs of Blood. It is loosely based on RAMV but cleans up some rules and has an adjustable difficulty level. I also personally created a windows app that can be used with Road to Peril so you don’t have to print all the cards. Just search Road to Peril or look through the first few pages of threads in the general forum. Eventually I plan to put RAOV and RAMV into an app but right now I don’t have time.

Honestly there is a ton of great stuff available besides the RtL app so it is a good time to get back in.

If you need help finding anything, PM me and I’ll send you links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren6175 wrote:
Yes. Include everything in the app. You will have more variety of monsters and side quests between main missions. The lieutenants don’t really do anything except add a peril that can summon them.

RAOV and RAMV still have a link for professional cards within one of the threads. Just do a search. Also, RAMV has a website which you can find by searching the forums.

I also recommend the newly released Road to Peril Co-op variant which works with both a custom campaign called Sands of the Past and Heirs of Blood. It is loosely based on RAMV but cleans up some rules and has an adjustable difficulty level. I also personally created a windows app that can be used with Road to Peril so you don’t have to print all the cards. Just search Road to Peril or look through the first few pages of threads in the general forum. Eventually I plan to put RAOV and RAMV into an app but right now I don’t have time.

Honestly there is a ton of great stuff available besides the RtL app so it is a good time to get back in.

Thanks so much! I didn't know about the Road to Peril and will definitely look into it and will PM you if I can not find the links that I need.

Have a great day!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cotton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play the tutorial campaign with just the base box. Then add in Lair of the Wyrm and the H&M packs before playing the base game's app campaign. Then add in Nerekhall before playing the Nerekhall app campaign. Then finally add in Labyrinth of Ruin before playing Embers of Dread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Moransard
Netherlands
Amsterdam
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren6175 wrote:

Hi, any chance of putting the link here? I tried searching but so far no luck. I don't want to spend another EUR 50,- on printed cards if there's an app to try it out first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
Sure. I can when I get home. On my phone right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Binkley
msg tools
mb
This is a link for the online RAMV encounter tool. It is a great web-based version of RAMV. It doesn't have all the quests programmed but it has enough to keep you going for awhile.

http://ramv-oet.azurewebsites.net/

This is a link to the forum post for my windows app. It is a WIP but if you follow my instructions it will work to play through Sands of the Past and Heirs of Blood using the Road to Peril solo system. I also recently added "The Trollfens" as an RAMV quest. I'm not a professional programmer, so it is what it is.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2266220/companion-app-r...

Also, if you go to this website at the top you will see a link for SotP. This gives a lot of info and you can download stuff you need to play it.

http://descent-community.org/index.php/crrg/

If you meant something else, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls