Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Angela has been under the weather lately, so it was an indoor type of day. In the afternoon, we played a game of Ticket To Ride. Angela started with LA-NY (21), Dal-NY (11). In the middle of the game, she made a draw of Tor-Mia (10). A subsequent drawm she drew S.F.-Atl (17) and Mtl-Atl (9). She knew she was gambling, but made one more draw of S.S. Marie-Nsh (8) and NY -ATl (6). All the NY-Atl routes had already been built, so she was getting free points. She had 61 track, got 10 pts for longest track, and had 80 pts in tickets! Her final score was 151 pts. It was a record for her and she requested I post it. I started with Van-Mtl (20), Denv-Pitts (11) and drew Wpg-Little Rock (11), had 74 track for a total of 116 pts. I thought I had a decent start with the cross border route, but alas it was not to be.

Flush with success, Angela requested another game. She started with Bos-Mia (12), Sea-NY (22), Mtl-Atl (9) and in a later draw got Tor-Mia (10). She had 79 track and 10 for the longest rail for a total of 142 pts. I was getting smoked, since I started with Chi-SF (9), Dul-El Paso (10), Pitt-Phx (11) and later drew Hel-LA (8). I had 61 track for a total score of 98 pts. Angela later started giving me advice. Why didn't I throw away one of the ones I started with and draw for better ones? That's what she would have done, she told me. I couldn't end on that note, so we played one more:

I started with Sea-LA(9), Portld-Phx (11) and Calg-Phx (13). Those weren't great tickets but were all in the west. I later drew Hel-LA (8), had 87 track and 10 for longest train for a score of 139. Angela started with Bos-Mia (12), Chi-NO (7), Tor-Mia (10) and later drew Portland-Nsh (17). While she was trying to build in my western area, I cut off one of her joining tracks. She told me I was not allowed to do that! This was a friendly game and I was informed I was not allowed to block people. So I took my move back...Her final score was 117 pts. (Whew!) Well I got back some of my pride anyways. With the exception of this game, funny how I always end up on the losing end of "friendly" games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.