Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Kelly
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up a copy of Great War at Sea: Jutland and am having a read through of the rules. I'm jazzed about playing but...

I don't have any opponents in my area. I thought about trying it on VASSAL but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that. I guess my question is how would one go about playing this game PBEM style? I'm rather new to this so bear with me....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankenstein wrote:
I recently picked up a copy of Great War at Sea: Jutland and am having a read through of the rules. I'm jazzed about playing but...

I don't have any opponents in my area. I thought about trying it on VASSAL but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that. I guess my question is how would one go about playing this game PBEM style? I'm rather new to this so bear with me....

I have created generic ACTS modules for both GWAS and SWWAS. In the case of GWAS, you will need the tactical map hex coding for the mentioned link or play using the basic combat rules. ACTS works very well for logging the game and rolling dice.

There is also a search spreadsheet system available developed using Visual Basic within Excel that works fairly well for double blind games. The latest version can be downloaded from the GWAS Yahoo group.

If you can't keep operational maps setup on the side, you will have to resort to either creating a cyberboard (or VASSAL) module yourself or finding a friend who can do it. Such homebrew modules cannot be distributed to others due to Avalanche's current policy on Cyberboard and VASSAL Modules (they do no allow them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
A shame. i was seriously considering buying Jutland and another game due to their special (buy one get one free) until Sep 16th, but after reading a bunch of negative to average reviews and now this, I'm passing on AP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.