wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I am just getting back into descent for solo and co-op play using the road to legend app and the 3 official POD modules. I got some lieutenant packs to replace tokens and know I can use the miniature and agent cards (I assume), but there is no use for the plot decks and threat/fortune tokens that come with them as they are just for overlord player advancement. Am I correct in this? Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lightningclaw Stormcaller
msg tools
mb
Correct. The app does refer to the agent cards during act transitions (cards 11 and 12 of each plot deck if I am not mistaken) and it may use them during peril effects.*

*This might actually be the lieutenant cards instead- it has been some time since I’ve had a chance to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lightningclaw wrote:
Correct. The app does refer to the agent cards during act transitions (cards 11 and 12 of each plot deck if I am not mistaken) and it may use them during peril effects.*

*This might actually be the lieutenant cards instead- it has been some time since I’ve had a chance to play

Thanks,
What exactly is the difference between agents and lieutenants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lightningclaw Stormcaller
msg tools
mb
Functionally, lieutenants are characters appearing in various campaigns.

Agents are tied to specific plot decks.
Plot decks are comparable to a “class” the overlord may choose and purchase new abilities from.

The overlord can summon the agent corresponding to his chosen plot deck into an open group of monsters at the beginning of an encounter. This is an expensive choice for the overlord- it’s not easy and it’s costly if the agent is defeated.

Stat-wise, the two big differences are the agents don’t have attributes and they only use the four base game conditions. That means agents often need tweaked/reworked abilities to compensate.

Agents always have an act 1 and an act 2 card. Not every lieutenant has both.

Finally, some lieutenants have stat changes. The most notable one is Ariad: her act 2 agent card is heavily nerfed stat-wise compared to her lieutenant version, which is among the toughest monsters in the game. If it isn’t the toughest outright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately there are many elements that do not work in the app, if a hero has an ability referring to overlord cards it just does nothing. That's my main gripe about it, they did not provide alternatives, just wrote in a FAQ that there is no effect. So, not being able to use these elements is not that surprising. However, you can house rule them in, especially when playing on hard give yourself one fortune token when winning a quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls